Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
FinsUp- When will you actually take delivery of your new Cherokee? I am curious what options you chose with it (including the colors-inside & out)
I can't wait to hear more about the car and your first take of it!!

Mauro-Are you referring to the tow bar and baseplate for the Jeep & the Palazzo? You may find that no one has anything yet because the companies need to manufacture a new one for the first year model.
Damon Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #16

I took delivery of my Cherokee Trailhawk on Friday 11/1. Love it so far! Just to confirm for the doubters, the manual has several pages on how to set your Cherokee for 4 down towing, but you need to have the two-speed power transfer unit, which includes the neutral setting.

I choose the cherry red exterior and the black interior. The interior has some red stitching that matches the exterior paint. I got every option except the navigation, the park assist, and the 9 speaker system. It also has the 3.2l V-6, the towing package, the full sunroof and leather heated seats and steering wheel.

The brakes were a little sensitive at first, but now they are better. The gas mileage so far has been very good, with an overall of 24.9 that is about half city and half highway. There were several stretches of flat highway where I was getting almost 40mpg.

I really like the back up camera. I didn't know I was getting one, but it works very nicely.

The only thing that I would change is the amount of rear cargo room. I also have a Chrysler Pacifica, and the cargo room in that is bigger. Not that it is a deal killer for me. This is the toad after all, so it doesn't need a lot of cargo room. I can put things on the roof rack, or get a cargo rack for the hitch. The only thing I really use the cargo area for is transporting the dogs, and they have enough room, although not as much as the Pacifica.
FinsUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:04 AM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
FinsUp- Were you able to get the "phone charging pad" on the Trailhawk? I really like many of the features that I can get on the Limited- but DH hates the chrome surround that is on the bottom front of the Limited.

I did get a call today- I know someone at a local dealership that let me know they got two lower model Cherokees' in today. I may wait until they get a Trailhawk and a Limited in before we go drive one.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #18

No, we did not get the phone charging pad option. Forgot about that one; I think it was part of a huge option package. There are two USB ports in the front row that can charge, and a 120volt plug on the back side of the console that you can plug things into.

My dealer just got their second Cherokee in over the week-end. It is the Limited with every option. Looks like the flood gates are opening and there should be plenty to look at in the next couple of days.
FinsUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #19

Ours is now at the dealer. My son will pickup in a day or two and put in the garage until we return. It will be just over a month before we get to drive it. DW wants us to return from Florida a day early so she can have a day to learn all the tech stuff.

GR
Old 11-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
I got my 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited 2 days ago. Love it - now just like every one else I need to wait on the base plate. I have about every option that is offered on it. Some neat features. I had to get it 500 miles away in Kansas no local dealer had one like I wanted and they are so scarce no dealer is trading with any other. - I had the dealer deliver it to me.

I would be glad to answer questions
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsUp View Post
No, we did not get the phone charging pad option. Forgot about that one; I think it was part of a huge option package. There are two USB ports in the front row that can charge, and a 120volt plug on the back side of the console that you can plug things into.

My dealer just got their second Cherokee in over the week-end. It is the Limited with every option. Looks like the flood gates are opening and there should be plenty to look at in the next couple of days.
Charging pad is a stand alone option, but it takes up all the space in the to
upper portion of the center console

Actually my Limited has 3 12 Volt outlets 2 in front and 1 in the trunk

The owners manual is 685 pages and downloads from the internet.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I am also waiting to receive my Cherokee limited by next week. How did you order your base plate?
Mauro
Palazzo 33.2
Utah
Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:55 AM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
Charging pad is a stand alone option, but it takes up all the space in the to
upper portion of the center console

Actually my Limited has 3 12 Volt outlets 2 in front and 1 in the trunk

The owners manual is 685 pages and downloads from the internet.
It looks like the charging pad is an option for the Limited but NOT an option for the Trailhawk. The only other feature I see that you can get on the Limited but not on the Tralhawk is the ventilated seats.

Did you get the 6 cylinder? How do you like it so far? Is there any option that you feel you don't need? (We drove the 4 cylinder but I think we will go with the 6 cylinder.) I think we will also order it with pretty much every option available on the Trailhawk.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Diva View Post
It looks like the charging pad is an option for the Limited but NOT an option for the Trailhawk. The only other feature I see that you can get on the Limited but not on the Tralhawk is the ventilated seats.

Did you get the 6 cylinder? How do you like it so far? Is there any option that you feel you don't need? (We drove the 4 cylinder but I think we will go with the 6 cylinder.) I think we will also order it with pretty much every option available on the Trailhawk.
I have the 6 cylinder which could have been a problem, with a under tall wife we found out after we ordered that in the Limited the 6 cylinder is a inch higher - who knows why. Love it so far but only have had it since mid day Tuesday.

The tech group is nice - my son had to try it out with having it park itself - I really like the blind spot and cross path detections system this gives you auto wipers and high beams also

Lux group like the power lift gate and ventilated seats

Got the trailer tow group for hauling bikes

Of course had to get the Active Drive II to tow behind MH

Love the huge sunroof option

Got the upgrade Garmin Nav system with Sirius -

The 9 Amplified speakers option puts out nicely

Wireless charging paid I could have lived without

Lots of options to turn on and off with the car IE seat warmers, heated steering wheel, auto high beam, slide back of the seat when engine off etc.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #25

Any clues on identifying vehicles with the Active Drive II?
I'm going shopping tomorrow and if I can't find one with the Active Drive, may need to special order...
chawkins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Should say right there on the window sticker. Or look at the plate under the gearshift for the N button and light.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #27

OK. Neutral light is what I'm looking for.
I've looked at numerous window stickers. Most of the dealers web sites let you download them but haven't seen any that detail the drive system (other than FWD or 4WD).
chawkins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chawkins99 View Post
Any clues on identifying vehicles with the Active Drive II?
I'm going shopping tomorrow and if I can't find one with the Active Drive, may need to special order...
Or on the rear deck lid on the drivers side under the 4/4 emblem there is a chrome plate that says "Active Drive ll"

On a window sticker you will find a $995 option Active Drive ll also on the sticker on the top left you will find it under Transmission