Originally Posted by TurbineGuy
Does anyone tow a 2016 or newer Lincoln MKX? I am looking at a Reserve AWD with low miles to use as a toad and see in the manual that it is towable when Neutral Tow mode is activated. However, I cannot find Neutral Tow mode to activate it. Are there special steps that will activate this or is this part of a Package that this car may not have?
Any and all help would be appreciated,
I am the one who sets up our 2016 Lincoln MKX for towing. We have an Air Force One braking system that we use. And I am throwing this in there because we have a friend who uses the Brake Buddy and setting up his MKX for towing was a little different. Not exactly how but it was.
That being said this is the steps that I used every time. It came from our user manual. There is a button on the left side of the steering wheel that you use to select the functions. I ALWAYS wait until I see the NEUTRAL TOW ENGAGED show up in the menu before exiting the car. I then exit the car and lock the doors.
Enter Neutral Tow mode by doing the following:
1. Put the ignition in accessory mode by pressing the engine START button without pressing the brake pedal.
2. Select Neutral Tow under the Vehicle Settings menu in the information display. See General Information (page 114).
3. Press and hold the OK button to start the neutral tow process.
4. Press the brake pedal and select N on the push-button transmission.
5. Turn the ignition off by pressing the engine START button without pressing the brake pedal.
If the process is completes successfully:
• the N on the push-button transmission blinks slowly
• NEUTRAL TOW ENGAGED
turn ignition off for towing appears in the information display.
Note: If the parking brake is applied, Neutral Tow remove park brake for towing appears in the information display.
Note: Do not exceed 65 mph (105 km/h).
Put your climate control system in recirculated air mode to prevent exhaust fumes from entering the vehicle
Note: Start the engine and allow it to run for five minutes at the beginning of each day and every six hours (or fewer). Shut the engine off and verify that Neutral tow engaged appears in the display before continuing to tow.
Exit Neutral Tow mode, make sure the ignition is on (engine can be on or off), press the brake pedal and select P on the push-button transmission.
If the process is completed successfully, Neutral Tow disengaged appears in the information display and both the instrument cluster and push-button transmission display P.