Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #1

2017 Jeep Wrangler prices

Looking for a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, (4 Door),as a toad.. but dealers are a pain to deal with, too many games

I know some of you have bought one but the thing I am running into is the huge differences between dealers in the amount they will discount, some will do as low as $500, some as much as $4,000 of MSRP. One claims he is losing money and is at $4,000 off sticker

If some of you could give me an idea as what is a good deal off the sticker or what you got as a discount, I would appreciate it, so I know who is playing games and who is not, the Jeeps that I am looking at are pretty basic and the MSRP is in the window sticker range of $34-35,000

I am located in Atlanta if anyone knows a good honest no bs dealer or AL or SC that is appreciated as well.

Thanks
strangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2017, 11:01 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangebird View Post
Looking for a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, (4 Door),as a toad.. but dealers are a pain to deal with, too many games

I know some of you have bought one but the thing I am running into is the huge differences between dealers in the amount they will discount, some will do as low as $500, some as much as $4,000 of MSRP. One claims he is losing money and is at $4,000 off sticker

If some of you could give me an idea as what is a good deal off the sticker or what you got as a discount, I would appreciate it, so I know who is playing games and who is not, the Jeeps that I am looking at are pretty basic and the MSRP is in the window sticker range of $34-35,000

I am located in Atlanta if anyone knows a good honest no bs dealer or AL or SC that is appreciated as well.

Thanks
There was a thread on here just over a year ago talking about the price of Jeeps. That thread went on for pages and pages. Yep, no doubt about it, Jeeps are a hot ticket item, have been and will be for quite some time to come. They are rated as the highest resale holding value in all the industry. That brings us to you. If a dealer knows and realizes that, buying used will not get you much difference from new, (in some cases used Jeep wranglers, in areas of 2 years old or so, bring very close to new prices), they will do their darndest to steer you to a new one, and work with you as much as possible.

Other dealers know that the prices are ridiculasly close from new to used and, the fact that a Jeep Wrangler IS a hot ticket item, they will get as much as possible. You just have to dicker with any of them to get them to go as close to the price as YOU want to pay, not them offering. Hope I said all that right. We've had our '15 JKUR now for right at a year. We paid right at $41K for ours, out the door, with 27K miles on it. It was as pristine as you could get, without buying new. And, going on line just before we made the deal, I built that same exact Jeep, equipped the same exact way, for right at $7,000 more.

So, in our case, buying used, on this Jeep, made $7,000 dollars worth of sense. Good luck on your search.
Scott

P.S. We had them throw in an extended FACTORY warranty for a mere $300 to boot.
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:07 AM   #3

I just checked for rebates on the Wrangler and none are advertised except for a lease. The $4000 off come to about a 12% discount which isn't that bad. I picked up a GC Summit last week at 14% off with rebates. that dealer is offering $2600 off on the Wrangler.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:21 AM   #4

I've been shopping for a 4 door Wrangler and it seems that 11% off of sticker price is a great deal, but most are in the 5-6% discount range. Being a 4 wheel drive, and you can only imagine what a prior owner could/would do with it, I prefer to go new as the prices are only a few thousand apart.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #5

Not in your area but try Koons in Va.
Google it to find the email address of the internet sales people, I see them posted on the jeep forums all the time.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 03:48 PM   #6

As stated 10-15% off MSRP is where those dealers that negotiate price will usually end up. When I purchased my 16 JKU rhr one dealership wouldn't budge from 3% under invoice (maybe 6-7% off MSRP) while the dealership I went with was +$3,000 less. If I was better at negotiating I could of gone less

I ended up ordering what I wanted due to most jeeps on the lots have options I didn't want to pay for. MSRP was over $48K and I paid less then $43K + tax

If you have a costco in your area they have no haggle prices that are around 10% off from what I have read

Coons in a option, lots of people will travel to them to drive their Jeep home or have it shipped. I only wanted to deal locally, closest dealership wasn't great and was expensive, other dealership was a excellent experience.

What model and options are you considering?
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:19 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
If you can get 4000.00 off list you better grab it. I just bought a '17 wrangler unlimited and shopping around my best deal was 1400.00 off list.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:46 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
My DW and I bought a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon for 1% over invoice and no compromises on the dealer holdback a few months ago. Took all day and several rounds of arm twisting.