Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-18-2017, 06:42 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
2018 Buick Enclave

I see Buick is releasing pictures and data on the 2018 Enclave. I have a 2010 Enclave that I will consider trading. I've requested info on the new one - if its towable four down. I see it has a new dual clutch 8 speed auto tranny - sounds hi tech - not good for towing? The Enclave is on a new platform which it will share with the Cadillac X7 when it debuts in 2019. it is not the same platform as the new Chevy or GMC Acadia. They are still towable. I do like what I see on the new Buick and I hope it will remain towable. Buick seems to be one of the last few mfgrs. that support RV towing. Anybody have any expertise on these 'new' transmissions and what effect it will have on four down towing. Maybe I need to look at a 2017 Enclave before they are gone!
bertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2017, 06:45 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Oh, here is the link to the Buick site.

All-New 2018 Buick Enclave
bertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:10 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I hope I am wrong, but based on everything I have read, I believe that the new 8 and 9 speed transmissions are NOT towable. This means that little by little the number of towable car and truck models is shrinking, because nearly all manufacturers are gradually introducing these new transmissions in order to meet fuel economy mandates. The current crop of towable Ford and GM vehicles all use a 6-speed transmission which was jointly developed by the two companies. Sadly, it seems that towability was not a priority when developing the new 8 and 9-speeds that are gradually replacing the 6-speed. The same thing happened when Honda introduced the CVT transmission on the CR-V. The new transmission is not towable.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote