Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #15

I am close to ordering one as well . I have colorado now and was going to get a new one until I priced the ranger .

no real discounts yet so I might wait ? I was told it is a 8-12 week wait for a ordered unit , this is what I would like

dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0036.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	229640  
featherlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #16

I'd like one to replace my 2001 Ranger (not towable) with a new Ranger. But if I can get an F150 for not much more I'll go that route. I really wish the 2 wheel drives were towable.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherlite View Post
I am close to ordering one as well . I have colorado now and was going to get a new one until I priced the ranger .

no real discounts yet so I might wait ? I was told it is a 8-12 week wait for a ordered unit , this is what I would like

dave
There is a $750 rebate if you preorder before 1/2/2019. You can also get X-plan pricing a few different ways. I get it through my employer. You can also join Mustang Club of America to get the x-plan access. I don't know how much the membership cost but it can't be much. I see a lot of people doing it.

The x-plan savings on my build was 1510.00. That basically covered the taxes. I also got the 750.00 rebate as well as a 500.00 recent college graduate rebate.

I don't expect to see it until at least March. If you place an order make sure they submit through the Ranger preorder program and not their retail orders. That's how you get the 750.00 rebate and it's supposed to speed up delivery.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:15 PM   #18

this is a Canadian dealer so I do not think there is any discounts other then maybe costco . I plan on asking the dealer that. but thanks for the ideas

dave
featherlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 05:15 AM   #19

if you didn't read the info in first post that tells you how to get trans in tow mod, go back and read it. seems like a lot of 10 speed trans will get replaced. to many ways to screw up getting it ready to tow. i guess my simple mind needs something simple to operate. dave
Old 12-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #20

I'm sure there are easier toads but it's only seven steps until the display tells you that you've set it correctly. To me it seems that it will take less than 30 seconds once I've practiced it a few times.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:37 AM   #21

Hello I’m interested in hearing from anyone that has already towed their 2019 Ranger. I purchased one in November and I plan on flat towing it behind my class C.
PR Warfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:22 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Warfield View Post
Hello I’m interested in hearing from anyone that has already towed their 2019 Ranger. I purchased one in November and I plan on flat towing it behind my class C.
X2

Just got my 2020 Ranger about 4 weeks ago (after a loooong wait) and I am researching supplemental braking systems so any info would be greatly appreciated. Kinda squeemish about drilling holes through fire walls and all but hey, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Any info on supplemental braking systems anyone used for a 2019 or 2020 Ranger would be greatly appreciated.

Sharing some of my real world data (no alternative facts here) from my rig (XLT, 4x4 crew cab) so far...

Scale weight (real highway scales, full tank gas) 4640 lbs.
Combined mpg varies between 22 and 23 (verified with real fuel consumption numbers)
Highway mpg is 25 to 26. Around town is right at 20.
[I won't tow the boat 'til I have some more miles on it but expect mpg to plummet... will be thinking about the 18 gallon tank a lot I am sure]
Old 02-08-2020, 12:38 PM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonbio View Post
X2

Just got my 2020 Ranger about 4 weeks ago (after a loooong wait) and I am researching supplemental braking systems so any info would be greatly appreciated. Kinda squeemish about drilling holes through fire walls and all but hey, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Any info on supplemental braking systems anyone used for a 2019 or 2020 Ranger would be greatly appreciated.

Sharing some of my real world data (no alternative facts here) from my rig (XLT, 4x4 crew cab) so far...

Combined mpg varies between 22 and 23 (verified with real fuel consumption numbers)
Highway mpg is 25 to 26. Around town is right at 20.
[I won't tow the boat 'til I have some more miles on it but expect mpg to plummet... will be thinking about the 18 gallon tank a lot I am sure]
Im using a RVI 3 braking system have towed around 3000 mi no issues no need to drill thru firwall there is a rubber grommet to go thru

Richard
Rmblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:07 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmblaster View Post
Im using a RVI 3 braking system have towed around 3000 mi no issues no need to drill thru firwall there is a rubber grommet to go thru

Richard
I think I am liking this one... thanks for the info
Old 02-08-2020, 06:42 PM   #25

Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	456.8 KB
ID:	274628Attachment 1
sandmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:17 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmotion View Post

Thanks for sharing the weight. Can you tell the model Ranger you have and any options like tow packages. How does the weight compare to the weight sticker in the truck?

I am btw a Ranger and Cherokee. I can tow 5000lbs so Ranger is really close.

Thanks and Congrats on your truck!

Ron
Sarz272000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:53 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2020, XLT, 4x4, crew cab, tow package, spray in bed liner, that's all i can think of that might add weight. The listed "minimum vehicle base curb weight" is 4441

Our tow limit is 5000 as well... so curb weight was one of the many reasons I went with Ranger
Old 02-10-2020, 09:01 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonbio View Post
I think I am liking this one... thanks for the info
Curious what set-up you went with for tail lights?

Did you go with the variety that uses diodes... or did you put in your own "extra" bulb in the tail light housing?

How did running the wires back up front work out?

Thanks

Tags
ford, tow