Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:56 AM   #1

2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Light Wiring

Is there a correct wiring harness to connect the LED brake lights up for flat tow instead of using magnetic lights?

I have told that I cannot use the typical wiring harness for the RV hookup due to the LED brake lights being 5 volts.

Want to see possible options if any.

Thanks
K9sarsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2019, 09:09 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I just had my new 2019 Jeep wired up. I checked with Etrailer and they do not have a wiring harness for the 2019's yet. The one I had from my 2014 Jeep was not compatible.

I took it to a place in Peoria, AZ Quality Bumper and they made one and installed it for $200. I thought that was a very good deal. Works perfectly. They also told me the aftermarket harness was not yet available as well.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer Guy View Post
I just had my new 2019 Jeep wired up. I checked with Etrailer and they do not have a wiring harness for the 2019's yet. The one I had from my 2014 Jeep was not compatible.

I took it to a place in Peoria, AZ Quality Bumper and they made one and installed it for $200. I thought that was a very good deal. Works perfectly. They also told me the aftermarket harness was not yet available as well.
Thank you, no options here so believe will make a metal bracket to fit jeeps receiver hitch and then mount the lights. Don't want to scratch the paint!
K9sarsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:48 AM   #4
Commercial Member

The OEM Jeep Wrangler harness feeds a 12v signal to the rear lights, regardless if it is either an OEM LED optioned Jeep or not. In other words, there is NO special wiring for a 2018+ "JL" Wrangler - the wiring in them is ALL the same.

As such, any generic diode-based kit will still work fine on the JL Wrangler (LED lights or not). That being said, there are two lighting kits currently on the market that have been designed exclusively for the JL Wrangler. One is made by Jeep (MOPAR) and the other is made by Cool Tech LLC. The MOPAR harness is pricey and presumably not-too-easy to install. There are several owners on here with the Cool Tech LLC harness.

A google search should enable you to look at both harnesses.
CoolTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:06 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nota4re View Post
The OEM Jeep Wrangler harness feeds a 12v signal to the rear lights, regardless if it is either an OEM LED optioned Jeep or not. In other words, there is NO special wiring for a 2018+ "JL" Wrangler - the wiring in them is ALL the same.

As such, any generic diode-based kit will still work fine on the JL Wrangler (LED lights or not). That being said, there are two lighting kits currently on the market that have been designed exclusively for the JL Wrangler. One is made by Jeep (MOPAR) and the other is made by Cool Tech LLC. The MOPAR harness is pricey and presumably not-too-easy to install. There are several owners on here with the Cool Tech LLC harness.

A google search should enable you to look at both harnesses.

That looks like a great solution. Wish I had been aware of this when I got my new Jeep.