2020 Chevy Blazer Toad Prep Procedure Changed
2020 Blazer Toad Procedure changed. Requires button to be pushed. Doesn’t say what button does?
Anyone have any experience with Blazer as toad? 2019? 2020? Good? Bad?
From owners manual found online:
If the vehicle is towed without performing each of the steps listed under “Dinghy Towing,” the automatic transmission could be damaged. Be sure to follow all steps of the dinghy towing procedure prior to and after towing the vehicle.
Use of a shield mounted in front of the vehicle grille could restrict airflow and cause damage to the transmission. The repairs would not be covered by the vehicle warranty. If using a shield, only use one that attaches to the towing vehicle.
If 105 km/h (65 mph) is exceeded while towing the vehicle, it could be damaged. Never exceed
105 km/h (65 mph) while towing the vehicle.
1. Position the vehicle to be towed and secure it to the towing vehicle
2. Remove the shift lever boot by pulling up on the rear of the trim plate.
3. Use a small screwdriver or tool to press and hold the manual release button on the rear right.
4. Put the vehicle in N (Neutral).
For vehicles being dinghy towed, the vehicle should be run at the beginning of each day and at each RV fuel stop for about five minutes. This will ensure proper lubrication of transmission components.
Once the destination is reached:
1. Shift the vehicle to P (Park).
2. Reinstall the shift lever boot by inserting the front edge and pressing the rear of the trim plate until it snaps into place.
3.Start the engine and let it idle for more than three minutes before driving the vehicle.