Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2022, 01:37 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee (2 Row) Flat Tow

I had been waiting for sometime for the new Jeep Grand Cherokee (WL) to be released. A few months ago they started taking orders, but I have yet to find one at a dealer. I’m looking at ordering a Summit / Summit Reserve.

There has been extensive discussion in the towing of the Grand Cherokee L (3 row version) but I don’t know how much of that discussion applies to the two row version. The frame is obviously different.

I’m looking for information from those that have researched and/or purchased the two row version. Are baseplates available yet? The Blue Ox website doesn’t yet show one available.

While I fully expect the vehicle to be flat towable, I’m wondering if any issues have been identified such as those with the L version.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2022, 11:32 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We purchased a WL 2 row

Today we took delivery of a WL. We intend to flat tow but probably not for several months or a year just due to other priorities. Following this chain to see if others chime in.

It is an impressive and feature rich vehicle.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy013 View Post
I had been waiting for sometime for the new Jeep Grand Cherokee (WL) to be released. A few months ago they started taking orders, but I have yet to find one at a dealer. I’m looking at ordering a Summit / Summit Reserve.

There has been extensive discussion in the towing of the Grand Cherokee L (3 row version) but I don’t know how much of that discussion applies to the two row version. The frame is obviously different.

I’m looking for information from those that have researched and/or purchased the two row version. Are baseplates available yet? The Blue Ox website doesn’t yet show one available.

While I fully expect the vehicle to be flat towable, I’m wondering if any issues have been identified such as those with the L version.
edcRVfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 04:09 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I assume you've read all the posts about "death wobble" on Jeep Grand Cherokee and the special wire harnesses to deal with that. I don't know, maybe they fixed it for -22.
We were going to get a Jeep Grand Cherokee last year until we learned about that issue. Ended up getting a slightly used 2019 Buick Envision instead. Turned out to be much easier to set to tow mode also than the Jeep although initial base plate install was a lot more effort.
Old 02-15-2022, 11:08 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I’d like to think the “death wobble” issue is no longer applicable. I currently have a 2015 Jeep GC and have had no issues. I suspect the new 2022 GC uses the same GC L frame design and electronics, so probably no issue.

But then, the reason for the thread is to learn from others on what they have experienced on the 2022 GC 2 row vehicle.
Old 02-15-2022, 11:34 AM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Hi all..
I have a 2017 Overland that I have towed maybe 10K... Saw a new Overland which can be towed but was blown away at the sticker! Wonder where the gold plating is? Well my 17 is in near perfect condition with 50K so maybe it will last another 5 years or till I croak... :-) BTW Love the Hemi!!
Ron
When I come to arizona for the winter it's ;ike I get an instant 75 horsepower compared to the 9200 feet I live at.. I kick it in the butt for the hell of it...
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee, jeep, tow