Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2017, 05:57 AM   #15

It also states in the owners manual that if you are stopped and you are like driving a 12 hr day to start it up and run the motor . We have did this while stopping at a road side rest and having diner in the coach. Just do not leave and for get the Tod is running. My 12 hr day are behind me but if stopping for the night and have a pull through site I will run the motor while I am hooking the coach so the next day before you start out you are ready to go. . If you have a even break or break buddy make sure you pull the plug on the Even Break then plug it back in and reset it the next day. When running the motor it builds up pressure in the breaks and I forgot one time and was trying to get up to speed to enter 175 and had to hit the breaks and it engaged like I hit the emergency break just a word to the wise.It you read the fine print or call Roadmaster they will tell you the same thing . To make a long story short I follow what GM says to do and it has worked out great.
ct78barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2017, 08:13 PM   #16

The 65 MPH is not a limit on how fast it will go, or damage that will be done, but the safety factor. Towing anything above about 65 increases your stability and risk factors on an expotential scale. Winds, road defects, any instabiity factors can and do have increased impact as speeds increase. I pull our HHR usually in the 60-65 range for comfort and ease, but I have seen 80+ on at least one occasion, but would not recommend it under any situation. I do know from experience with an emergency run that the HHR gets VERY light on its feet at 85 MPH. Its gets really scary... The least bit of sidewind throws you all over the road.
Noelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:45 AM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
4 cyl. no wobble, over 65 on occasion.
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Z View Post
4 cyl. no wobble, over 65 on occasion.
It has happened to us 1 time on a sharp left turn off a side street that sat lower than the road we were entering. but never had a problem any other time
Defiant530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:04 AM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant530 View Post
It has happened to us 1 time on a sharp left turn off a side street that sat lower than the road we were entering. but never had a problem any other time
We have concluded that a wobble once in 4 years of towing may have been roadway or/ and towing angle conditions and definitely not a recurring problem for us after 15000 miles of towing. Glad to see that someone reads my posts.
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:06 AM   #20

It is to bad GM and Ford do not check these sites and have there people tell us why they set the 65 mph limit.
ct78barnes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow