Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2017, 02:57 AM   #155

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No problems with my 2011? Acme eztow purchased 2nd. hand. I run 75 psi air pressure per eztow. I carry a mounted spare just in case.
I use 2 foam rubber gardening pads under the lights when storing the dolly on it's end.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2017, 09:15 AM   #156

Ford Super Duty Owner
I've had very good luck with mine. I have the 10 inch tires, running about 90psi. I have about 10k miles on it, two trips across the US.

Three items noteworthy

1) Leaking inner seal on one wheel, needed to replace and then change brakes. The trick is to drill a hole in the underside frame to get easy access to the caliper bolt. See the photos in this article:

Acme Brakes and Axle – 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

2) Ramps popping off when loading / unloading. I added a spring loaded ,locking latch to prevent the ramps from popping off.

Acme EZE-TOW dolly ramps pop off while loading / unloading – 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

3) The lights want to fall out. These are easily secured with a wire tie

Acme EZE-TOW dolly Tail Lights fall off – 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:32 PM   #157

Acme Tow Dolly

The new 12 inch wheel and 22 inch radial tires are working very very well. Our feedback on them has been all positive since implementing them 8 months ago.

The bearings are actually maintenance free, meaning they do not require lubrication. However if a seal blows then yes it requires attention. The poly lube we use is a gel when cool and turns to oil when hot. Oil bath is the most efficient means of lubrication. All moving parts and seals are under warranty for 5-10 years. No one else even comes close to that kind of warranty.

The brakes on the newest generation dolly are very easy to service after we made a design change to allow for easier access.

The newest fender design eliminates the issue with the lights working loose. In addition to that we now use balancing beads in all our wheel assemblies.

The most recent generation dolly has addressed all the issues mentioned in the above thread. As we learn of issues we make changes and improvements to resolve them.
EZE Tow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:51 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZE Tow View Post

The brakes on the newest generation dolly are very easy to service after we made a design change to allow for easier access.

Any further information on this change? Is this something that can be implemented on earlier designs?
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:14 AM   #159

Acme Tow Dolly

Its just a design change that allows for easier access to the caliper bolts. Not something that can be done to earlier generations. Change made about 10 months ago.
EZE Tow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dolly