Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
MntDriver,

In the other forum where you and I were discussing this, you said the Warrior bracket would not fit onto a blue ox tow bar. Yesterday a buddy of mine came by with his MH and low and behold he had a blue ox tow bar towing his car. I thought of you and went and grabbed my Warrior brackets and took a couple pictures for you.

If you remember, I said replace whatever clevis you have on your tow bar with the Warrior bracket(clevis)

In this photo you can see how the Warrior bracket slides right onto the blue ox bar, just pull the vertical bolt out and put new bracket(clevis) in its place.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
Changing the mount works well. I'm using
These. Mounted to both my Cherokee and TJ

and These fitted to my Roadmaster Falcon 2 tow bar.

Works very well and they both are tucked out of the way, the XJ (Cherokee) has them bolted to an Iron Rock Offroad tow hook system and the TJ has them bolted to the top of the bumper. Neither hang up on the toughest trails.
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
DegoRed, I truly appreciate the pictures as they clarify alot to me. Thanks so much for the posts!

I'm leaning toward the Currie base plate as it also serves as a guard replacing the cheap plastic rock guard. The Currie base plate also snugs up to the existing bumper and doesn't stick down like the Blue Ox baseplate does.
MntDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
haven't had any issues with our Blue Ox setup & we do offroad with our Sahara--even been to Moab last year on some pretty gnarly trails and had no problems at all...
txdutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
LoD will put tabs for your respective tow bar, they do blue ox and road master. I have a road master black hawk 2 and this works fantastically and they were great to work with.

Picture of my jeep below, I will try to get a picture of the tabs (they are below the clevises). Also, here is a link to the bumper on LoD's site.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
I used the blue ox bumper brackets, on a rock crusher bumper on a TJ. Works very nicely. I bolted the brackets to the bumper, then installed the bumper, which is 1/4" thick steel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0835.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	22451  
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68
I used the blue ox bumper brackets, on a rock crusher bumper on a TJ. Works very nicely. I bolted the brackets to the bumper, then installed the bumper, which is 1/4" thick steel.
Jim, I would worry about the bolts pulling through. Having off-roaded for 10 years, clubs require hook points front and rear and don't want them bolted on like that. My Blue Ox is bolted directly to the frame.
Old Dude 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have ordered the Currie Base Plate, as I don't want to replace my front bumper at this time. Thanks for all the suggestions!
MntDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #23

Link to the Currie Base Plate Installed

Hi, Here is a Thread about the Currie base plate. There is a photo of a JK with it installed. There is also a description of the mods needed although I am not sure if all that cutting is needed. I have a Currie sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. I do think it is made very well and substantial. I have a 2012 Sahara that it will go on.
Robert
Old 06-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #24

There is some cutting involved, very minor. Maybe 1/4" on each side of the front crossmember. A sawsall worked great. The Currie is a great way to go. It is tucked out of the way an replaces the plastic lower air dam.
Lyonpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #25

Forgot the link!
http://www.irv2.com/forums/attachmen...6&d=1323404167
Robert
Old 06-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #26

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
07 Wrangler Unlimited here. Towing with base plates. If I get stuck somewhere because of that, I didn't belong there in the first place. =)
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
The base plate (Blue Ox) does not hang down any lower than the plastic shroud that is on the Jeep when new. It poses no 4WD problems. You can order it through any reputable dealer handling BO products. I just got my 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara and next week I will be installing the BP, and LED wiring kit, and then putting back in my Even Brake system so I have brakes and can tow it. Should take a day or so. For 2012/2013 Wranglers the baseplate number is BX-1126 and that has been verified with Blue OX via several e-mails and phone calls. The LED light kit is BX-88269.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing