Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2020, 03:25 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
Arch - we are in CA, but it's not that big of a deal to travel to buy. Nice thing about RVing is the distance thing is just part of the fun ..... another road trip.

Now, truthfully - less likely to source from New Jersey or similar, but something in or around Jeep's Toledo complex in Ohio, might work out reasonably well.

Also the possibility of shipping to us, if pickup is problematic.

The Cherokees that come close to what we think we want seem to be in the Denver area. But we did find a 2020 about 20 miles down the road from us. The default will be a special order from a local dealer.

But the question was - is there a best Jeep dealer?

Now, disclaimer - a few years back, we thought we would get a Cadillac. Ended up with a BMW. There is a distinct possibility that if a better brand is identified, that might be the new direction. No loyalty to Jeep here. However, Jeep is loyal to RVers, and that is appreciated.

https://www.tjchev.com/
Capt. Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2020, 05:43 PM   #16
PKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Steve View Post
Tadd Jenkins Auto Group
Captain - thank you for that recommendation. They seem to be a significant organization and Idaho would be a fun road trip.

If you have any experiences, please share, as that would help with fleshing out the thread.

This is the Jeep group in the organization:

https://www.taddjenkinscdjr.com/searchnew.aspx
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:42 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Captain - thank you for that recommendation. They seem to be a significant organization and Idaho would be a fun road trip.

If you have any experiences, please share, as that would help with fleshing out the thread.

This is the Jeep group in the organization:

https://www.taddjenkinscdjr.com/searchnew.aspx

I know Tadd Jenkins personally and he is a standup guy. Until recently, along with the auto group, he was President of NIRVC, the best rv dealer in the country. They can set up the Jeep as a toad at a great price.
Capt. Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:24 PM   #18
PKI

That's the kind of information which is needed to help folks with their search.

Thank you for your input.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:31 AM   #19

Quote:
Search does not seem to turn up a thread, so let's start one.

Is there a best jeep dealer to contact for the purchase of a new toad?

Main interest is in acquiring a new Cherokee, but the focus needs to be a dealer who has the technical expertise to support conversion to toad operation, an understanding of the required options, a decent inventory of toad capable vehicles, and good pricing. Hoping to find a resource in middle America. But willing to make a road trip to get the toad.

When our son purchased his Corvette, there were a couple of dealers that specialized in selling Corvettes. When we ordered a BMW there was a fellow who did super Internet deals. But I can't find any dealers that do similar for the Jeep product. Guess there might be a better forum than I have tried, but Toads are an RV deal and should have some content on an RV forum.

What you got?

Shouldn’t be difficult, research exactly what you want and shop a couple dealers for inventory/price. There is also a Jeep forum for technical help. December is a good time to buy, dealers want to maximize units sold for the year.
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:04 AM   #20
PKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite17 View Post
Shouldn’t be difficult -- snip --.
Yes, but let's make it easier for folks. Who have you run across that stands out from the crowd? Do you have an internet sales guy/gal who knows their jeep stuff? Is there a service group that understands RV use? Do you have a sales team that notes which Jeeps can and can not be flat towed?

And which Jeep forum? Seeing lots of folks who believe the only true Jeep is a pre Fiat buy out model. That information helps older model owners but falls short on the RV world issues. But, maybe I've been looking in the wrong forums. Do you have anything better?

https://www.cherokeeforum.com
https://www.jeepcherokeeclub.com

Appreciate your post and contribution to the thread.
Old 12-05-2020, 11:24 AM   #21

If you are a Costco member I would call them. Basically they can tell you what you should be paying and get with dealers in area that will honor the lower price. If not a costco member, kelly blue book used to have a simular program. They charged around 300 several years ago, i have not looked in last couple of years.
Dennisok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 12:16 PM   #22
PKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennisok View Post
If you are a Costco member I would call them. -- snip --
Costco can help with pricing, but not with the tech. Son used their pricing in a recent negotiation, but it was not much help as the configuration just did not exist. However, it is an important reminder to use all the levers available. Thanks for the input.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:00 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
I bought a new Jeep Wrangler about 15 months ago. My local dealers wanted more for a 3 year old than what I paid for a new one. I tried both the Sam's Club and USAA buying services and it took 6 months to get rid of the sales people and the prices were average.

What worked for me was to check prices on the internet for dealers 50-100 miles away. I then went to the dealer with the best price listed on what I wanted. I then asked for the best sale price, end of the month discount, veteran discount and buy it today discount. You need to be prepared to buy right then and either have cash or financing ready to go. I was honest with them about the next dealer down the road having just what I wanted and I was going there next.

More than likely they won't let you walk out the door, but be ready to buy if you get the deal you want. For me at least, I have to do it in person and yes, I drove home in a new Wrangler.
Laserchrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 04:51 PM   #24

Try Dave Smith Motors, Kellogg, Idaho.
Weeds636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 05:06 PM   #25
PKI

Two votes for Idaho. Different dealers, but same state. We'll add Smith to our list and maybe that information will help others as well.

Can you flesh out the thread by explaining what value the Smith organization has that puts them above the run of the mill Jeep dealer?

EDIT - does appear that Smith has an inventory of Cherokees that have Active Drive II which would allow them to be towed. That is certainly a good indicator, if it correlates to policy.
Old 12-23-2020, 06:16 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeds636 View Post
Try Dave Smith Motors, Kellogg, Idaho.
What he said plus Kernersville CDJ in Kernersville NC.
Glennabbott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 06:40 PM   #27

I don’t know how the market is out in California but I’m looking for a new Wrangler.
Prices here in Pennsylvania and New York State are much higher than down near Washington, DC.
I don’t understand stand why Virginia prices are so much lower.
Quite a bit too, Like $6-8,000 depending on model.
Higher the price the bigger the difference.
2cyber71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 07:48 PM   #28
PKI

Discount dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cyber71 View Post
-- snip -- Prices here in Pennsylvania and New York State are much higher than down near Washington, DC.-- snip --
Interesting - $6-8K is significant. We could visit Virginia for an $8 discount.

Tags
dealer, jeep