Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We decided to buy a Blue Ox Alexus tow bar (from RVupgrades ) and could not locate it on the Blue Ox website. We realized that the Aventa LX is now listed on the tow bar page in place of the Alexus. It appears to be exactly the same thing. Does anyone know if Blue Ox just changed the name of this tow bar, and if so, when and why? Or is this a new product?
Horsepowerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We decided to buy a Blue Ox Alexus tow bar (from RVupgrades ) and could not locate it on the Blue Ox website. We realized that the Aventa LX is now listed on the tow bar page in place of the Alexus. It appears to be exactly the same thing. Does anyone know if Blue Ox just changed the name of this tow bar, and if so, when and why? Or is this a new product?
Old 09-11-2006, 03:08 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

I went and checked out their web site and can confirm your findings as the "LX" is exactly what I have called the "Alexus" version....I recommend it as we LOVE it and I also recommend rvupgrades and their excellent customer service. As they are an iRV2 sponsor I try and support them every chance I get.

I would imagine they chose to rename it to keep the "Aventa" name recognition in place...

If you really want to know,I would simply give them a call and ask them as they've always answered EVERY question I've asked them.

I recently replaced my 2005 Chevy Trailblazer toad with a 2007 Chevy 2500HD pickup and can also say they answered several questions that my installer had in regard to the base plate fitting on the '07 truck....Those pesky chevy engineers had changed the bolt pattern ever so slightly on the '07.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:49 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the reply, Bob. While we haven't had time yet to contact Blue Ox we also suspect this is just a name change for the Alexus which we have found out comes highly recommended by a lot of RVers such as yourself.

Regarding RVupgrades, we already purchased our Blue Ox baseplate from them and they were great to deal with. We'll be continuing to support RVupgrades as we purchase all the rest of our towing equipment a little bit at a time. (That stuff's expensive, but RVupgrades' prices are great! )

Congrats on the new toad. I'm sure you'll love that truck. (I'm a real GM guy myself.) Does it have the Duramax diesel or the 6.0L gas engine?
Old 09-22-2006, 05:47 PM   #5

Rebelsbeach - a question if I may.

What did you do for taillights in the '07 Chevy 2500HD? Is there a kit available that can add an extra bulb in the housing?

I'm looking at a '06 Silverado 1500 and would imagine that things would be identical.

Thanks for any advice/assistance.

/Fred
G'ville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:37 PM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G'ville:
Rebelsbeach - a question if I may.
What did you do for taillights in the '07 Chevy 2500HD? Is there a kit available that can add an extra bulb in the housing?
I'm looking at a '06 Silverado 1500 and would imagine that things would be identical.

Thanks for any advice/assistance.

/Fred </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blue Ox Accessory Page

My truck is the Duramax/Allison combo and I it!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:49 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just thought we'd let y'all know that we contacted Blue Ox and they confirmed that the Aventa LX is in fact the same product as the Alexus. They could not tell us why the name was changed though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Orignally posted by rebelsbeach:
My truck is the Duramax/Allison combo and I it!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, Bob. If your motorhome ever breaks down you can use your toad as a tow vehicle to pull your motorhome to your next destination! Those Duramax pickups are so awesome!!

ps We just got our new Alexus towbar (from RVupgrades ) this week. I'll be installing the baseplate and a US Gear Unified Tow Brake into our Vue this weekend. Can't wait to try it out! Heading out to the Nor'Easter's Fall Rally in a couple of weeks and should have the new toad all set to go.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:18 PM   #8

rebelsbeach - thank you for the reply and link. I'm checking into it.

In retrospect, this may be what the technician at Camping World (Fairfield, CA)did for our '96 Honda Civic EX. He said he slipped in bulbs and that there was no connection to the Honda electrical system.

Thanks again.

/Fred
G'ville is offline   Reply With Quote