Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2006, 08:01 PM   #1

Several weeks ago I inquired about anybody having any experiences with having Blue Ox fit a baseplate for a vehicle that they did not have available. There were few responses, and now that I have had one done thought that others might want my impressions of the experience.

I arranged to drop my car off on a Monday morning and was told that it would take two to three days to complete. I was provided a loaner car so that I could tour the area. Since I had driven all night to get there early, I was very happy to find a motel close by, and crashed for several days! I did find out two things on this trip - it is almost 900 miles from Nashville, and there is not a whole lot to do in the area!

When I picked up my car as arranged on Wednesday afternoon, I was very pleased to see the job that had been done. They had overcome several installation problems that were encountered due to tight quarters and difficulty finding solid mounting points. Even with the problems, they were able to fabricate the removable tab style baseplate. I was very pleased with the way the installation blended in to the grill of the car.

Not only did they do the baseplate, they did a fantastic job of wiring the lights, installing a breakaway switch for my Apollo system,installing the sensor for the brake indicator, went through my Aladdin towbar replacing some questionable parts, and thoroughly checked out my Apollo for correct operation.

All in all, I was very happy with the manner in which Blue Ox treated me and the fine job they did on my car.

If you ever have the need to have a baseplate made in this fashion, give Mandy at Blue Ox a call and I'm sure that she and the rest of the staff there will take good care of you.

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2006, 08:01 PM   #2

Several weeks ago I inquired about anybody having any experiences with having Blue Ox fit a baseplate for a vehicle that they did not have available. There were few responses, and now that I have had one done thought that others might want my impressions of the experience.

I arranged to drop my car off on a Monday morning and was told that it would take two to three days to complete. I was provided a loaner car so that I could tour the area. Since I had driven all night to get there early, I was very happy to find a motel close by, and crashed for several days! I did find out two things on this trip - it is almost 900 miles from Nashville, and there is not a whole lot to do in the area!

When I picked up my car as arranged on Wednesday afternoon, I was very pleased to see the job that had been done. They had overcome several installation problems that were encountered due to tight quarters and difficulty finding solid mounting points. Even with the problems, they were able to fabricate the removable tab style baseplate. I was very pleased with the way the installation blended in to the grill of the car.

Not only did they do the baseplate, they did a fantastic job of wiring the lights, installing a breakaway switch for my Apollo system,installing the sensor for the brake indicator, went through my Aladdin towbar replacing some questionable parts, and thoroughly checked out my Apollo for correct operation.

All in all, I was very happy with the manner in which Blue Ox treated me and the fine job they did on my car.

If you ever have the need to have a baseplate made in this fashion, give Mandy at Blue Ox a call and I'm sure that she and the rest of the staff there will take good care of you.

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:09 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Chris, not surprised to find yet another satisfied Blue Ox customer...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:18 AM   #4

There is no better customer service or products in the RV industry. BAR NONE
IrishBear is offline   Reply With Quote