Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2017, 06:59 AM   #1

Cart before the horse

Just getting started in the RV world. We have a 2014 Honda CRV all wheel drive to tow. Have received different answers as to weather this car can be towed 4 down. Didn't want to purchase our RV then find out we need a different tow car. Thanks!
IronJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2017, 07:13 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJim View Post
Just getting started in the RV world. We have a 2014 Honda CRV all wheel drive to tow. Have received different answers as to weather this car can be towed 4 down. Didn't want to purchase our RV then find out we need a different tow car. Thanks!
Yes it can. This is what I have. You need to follow the instructions in the owner's manual. I have an automatic.
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:53 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
A 2014 is what we tow, it is the last year CR-V's were towable 4 down.
NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA 455593, WIT 170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:56 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yep, towable with either front wheel or all wheel drive at a max of 65 mph for a max of 8 hours on the clock, then you need to stop, start the engine and go through the towing setup as per the owners manual.
I recently bought a used '14 front wheel drive CR-V to replace the '05 Ody I had been towing. The CR-V was sort of set up to tow and only had 6030 miles on the odometer. I say sort of set up as the shop that did the work didn't seem to know how to properly set it up so I changed a bunch of stuff. The worst was the braking system install, they left some brass sleeves out that are critical to sealing the air lines as well as not adjusting the air cyl freeplay too tight so it overheated the brakes.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Yep, towable with either front wheel or all wheel drive at a max of 65 mph for a max of 8 hours on the clock, then you need to stop, start the engine and go through the towing setup as per the owners manual.
I recently bought a used '14 front wheel drive CR-V to replace the '05 Ody I had been towing. The CR-V was sort of set up to tow and only had 6030 miles on the odometer. I say sort of set up as the shop that did the work didn't seem to know how to properly set it up so I changed a bunch of stuff. The worst was the braking system install, they left some brass sleeves out that are critical to sealing the air lines as well as not adjusting the air cyl freeplay too tight so it overheated the brakes.

How was it towing your Ody? We have a 2005 Ody and a 2014 CRV and we would like to switch to the Ody for the extra passenger and cargo space (we are a family of five plus pets). A lot of people seem to do it with no issues even though Honda doesn't recommend it.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote