Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2020, 12:21 PM   #15

Got confirmation today that the AWD Blazer is towable 4 down. Found an email from when I was looking
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2020, 12:41 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger2 View Post
Got confirmation today that the AWD Blazer is towable 4 down. Found an email from when I was looking

According to the 2020 & 2021 FMCA Towing Guide The FWD & AWD variants of Blazer are 4 wheel down towable.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 05:01 PM   #17
jrs

I love our Grand Cherokee, it's wonderful vehicle and it's been towed just under 11K miles w/o any death wobble issues. If I were looking today, I wouldn't have it on my list of potential toads. If the Blazer doesn't have electronic assisted steering as numerous SUVs now have, go that route.
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 07:52 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs View Post
I love our Grand Cherokee, it's wonderful vehicle and it's been towed just under 11K miles w/o any death wobble issues. If I were looking today, I wouldn't have it on my list of potential toads. If the Blazer doesn't have electronic assisted steering as numerous SUVs now have, go that route.

Why not? Love my new GC.
Old 01-04-2021, 06:05 AM   #19
jrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
Why not? Love my new GC.
Because it has electronic steering assist and w/o a fix for those GC Owners who have experienced it.

I have spoken to a couple of GC owners who have experienced the death wobble and they report it's violent. Other brands with electronic steering; Equinox comes to mind, have also experienced it. Jeep Cherokee owners have a fix from the company.
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 06:42 AM   #20

Chevy Blazer VS Grand Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs View Post
Because it has electronic steering assist and w/o a fix for those GC Owners who have experienced it.

I have spoken to a couple of GC owners who have experienced the death wobble and they report it's violent. Other brands with electronic steering; Equinox comes to mind, have also experienced it. Jeep Cherokee owners have a fix from the company.

There is no perfect toad. CRV was close but such basic transportation. Would not go back. Besides show me a trouble free Rv these days Can’t even get them right off the assembly line. 8 months into our new GC and not one issue. My last GM was a nightmare

Tags
cherokee, chevy