Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2017, 06:06 AM   #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by kortan01 View Post
Anyone towing an '18? Just bought an '18 AWD diesel, and went through the owners manual procedure for dinghy towing. There were a couple of discrepancies, and things that weren't very clear, but I think we got it. At least the car rolled down the driveway!
Question(s):
Car has pushbutton start/stop. It appears that one tap gets to the “accessory” position. Is that correct?
And: There is no direction to pull any fuses, but when the towing procedure is complete, the steering wheel is very difficult to turn, as if there is no electric assist. Is this a fuse issue? The manual refers to “K” fuses and “F” fuses. I'm confused as to which one is the “16” fuse if that is the issue.
And: I'm planning to move our Stay-in-Play braking system to the 'Nox. Any help with location and firewall penetration would be very much appreciated.
Kortan01

There are almost 300 posts on this thread about towing the Equinox, but most of them are about the older models, up to 2017, which are completely different than our redesigned 2018's. I have a 2018 Equinox, but the 1.5L FWD model, which is waiting the base plate, so as of right now it has no towing miles on it. But please look at posts 239 and 258 from Keysval, who have been towing a 2018 for some great information on how to prepare it for towing. And in post 288, which is mostly about earlier models, look about half-way down for the paragraph about the 2018's and not pulling a fuse. They also say that there will be an addendum to the 2018 Owners Manual in December about the towing procedure. I hope this helps.

Ed
LovToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2017, 06:22 AM   #310

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
There's a separate thread that is focused on the 2018 model.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:31 AM   #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyh View Post
How do you turn off the display screen? And, how do you turn it back on?
go to configure on the pad below the screen, use the menu sel knob and scroll down to Display Settings, push the knob, scroll down to Dispslay off, push the knob, screen goes off. When you start the car again the Display comes back on.
rockieroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:30 PM   #312

A lot of info! With thousands of possible combinations, i's no wonder it's confusing! Thanks for the direction to '18 info....very helpful. We are very impressed with the diesel engine, both in mileage and performance, while the additional upfront cost was not that much. The Premier trim is kinda nice too!
Thanks to all!
Calpop45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:54 PM   #313

Freightliner Owners Club
Is the fuse 16 under the hood!
Old 11-20-2017, 05:12 PM   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler of california View Post
Is the fuse 16 under the hood!
Located in Fuse panel right side of center console.
bobsharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:05 PM   #315

Freightliner Owners Club
GUess I’m confused because post 289 says 16 is under the hood. Which 16 should I pull as under the hood is the ABS Fuse mentioned in the post.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:17 PM   #316

Quote:
GUess I’m confused because post 289 says 16 is under the hood. Which 16 should I pull as under the hood is the ABS Fuse mentioned in the post.
Which year and model? Mine is a 2010 and I have traveled about 40k miles with no problem. My fuse is inside. It's a V6 so pwr steering Power not an issue.
Bottom line do what your manual says.
bobsharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #317

Freightliner Owners Club
I am, but according to Post 289 the procedure and fuse to pull have changed. I’m just trying to verify which fuse 16.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:27 AM   #318

Quote:
I am, but according to Post 289 the procedure and fuse to pull have changed. I’m just trying to verify which fuse 16.
Step 2 in the GM service bulletin says to remove fuse 16, the Antilock Brake System Module fuse from the engine compartment fuse block. However, my 2010 Equinox owner’s manual shows fuse 15 as the Antilock Brake System Module fuse. – Steve Gaines.
We are correcting this error in the service bulletin. Thank you for the feedback. Fuse 15 is indeed the ABS module fuse, which is the one to remove for 2010 Equinox. This was changed to fuse 16 for the 2011-2017 Equinox.
Fuse 15 the email said for a 2010 Equinox, Fuse 16 for 2011-2017 Equinox, both located in the engine department. We bought a taller fuse which makes it easier to pull. Same type of fuse, only taller.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:25 AM   #319

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the verification as I didn’t want to foul up.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:55 AM   #320

Quote:
Thanks for the verification as I didn’t want to foul up.
no problem, when we received the first email from John Johnston we were so excited it that GM had solved the problem, so we had a discussion about what fuse 16, it was not mentioned in the first letter where that fuse was located. So he thought it was in the engine compartment, I thought where fuse 32 was located inside the car, we pulled the one in the car, wrong. Then the second email came out stating that fuse 16 was in the engine compartment and what it was for. We went to Roadmaster had the motorhome to car rewired, because it was not getting enough amperage to keep the battery charged, got the taller fuse 16 located under the hood in the engine compartment, drove home, no wobble, battery not dead, we are happy campers.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:20 PM   #321

Workhorse Chassis Owner
This request is for folks that STOPPED pulling fuse 32 in the console early on and ran a charge line. You towed for many months without issue. Now that GM has issued guidance to pull fuse #16 in the engine compartment, what do you plan to do?

Leave well enough alone and continue towing without pulling ANY fuse?

Or, follow GM's recommendation and pull fuse #16 in the engine compartment?

I just get the feeling that GM is somewhat "winging" it. From what Mr. Johnston reported, GM was not able to duplicate our problem.
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:43 PM   #322

That’s what I understand, was it discussed “why” the ABS fuse? I use a charge line now. But only had the issue 2 before. No issue past year of pulling. Is there a difference between AWD and just FW drive?

Tags
chevy