Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2017, 02:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhudson View Post
I have to agree with Bpoland. Everything is fine with my tow bar and baseplate. Even went with the newer Roadmaster baseplate. Still had death wobble. If anyone has any information from Jeep on the fix please let me know. I have given up on my local dealer. All they'll tell me is "we can't duplicate problem".

You need to find another Jeep dealer that can read their service bulletins:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/Misc/Cheroke...08_029_16a.pdf
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
You need to find another Jeep dealer that can read their service bulletins:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/Misc/Cheroke...08_029_16a.pdf

This TSB applies to the JK (Cherokee) only, not the Grand Cherokee. The posts above are implying the death wobble is happening with the GC not just the Cherokee.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #17

The solution by implementing the jeep TSB was $402 at my local dealer. Another local dealer wanted over $600 for the same procedure. It pays to shop around. The change theoretically stops the wobble from happening.
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:26 PM   #18

My solution after years of problems with the Cherokee was to buy the Buick Envision. It's a much better built car towable at any speed.
judgebobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:11 AM   #19

We had a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited, and while I never had any problems while towing it, it liked spending more time in their garage than mine. This included a new transmission at 7,000 miles. Jeep bought it back from me and I bought the 2016 Grand Cherokee. Little did I know that Jeep changed from regular power steering to Electric assisted power steering in the 2016 year. I even waited for the 2016 models to begin production, so that I could avoid the infamous shifter that has caused all kinds of problems and at least 1 death. So now I'm into my second new car in 3 years. I love the car. It rides very comfortably and has given me no problems what so ever.

As long as the wobble only happens when starting out, and it seems only when turning on to a bumpy road, I will give it a chance and see where it goes. If Jeep offers the same harness for the Grand Cherokee, I may have it installed. If the wobble ever happens at highway speed, that will be a different matter all together.
BPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:21 AM   #20

can`t make this stuff up

I don`t know if anybody has noticed but you can`t find any manufacturer that has addressed this problem, admitted there is a problem on some vehicles and come up with a definite fix that works. From what I have experienced the fixes are just opinions with varying degrees of success. Like I said before one work truck had every moving front part replaced and the problem is still there. The only fix is get rid of the vehicle. Watch the second you tube clip of the Ford truck on my previous post how do you think your wife would handle this at 70 miles an hour.
BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote