Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:25 PM   #29

Foretravel Owners Club
Nope, do not unhook when parked unless needing the toad for running around.
Our coach has full air ride leveling as standard equipment.. set the brakes and punch the HWH button..... NO JACKS to mess with.
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2017, 05:21 PM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by awol50 View Post
On my toad, it wouldn't matter whether levelling while hooked up or unhooking with levelling jack's down. How can it?
Single point at the RV and full up/down at the 2 RV connections.

Maybe heís worried about when loading the toad on the tow dolly, the amount of jerking the dolly, and thus the coach gets. Seems, although slight, with jacks down, it would be pushing the jacks back/forth, front to back to front. Thatís why when I was using our dolly, it was jacks-up before loading on the dolly. Now doing 4-down, doesnít matter when I hook up the Jeep.
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:40 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.warden View Post
Maybe heís worried about when loading the toad on the tow dolly, the amount of jerking the dolly, and thus the coach gets. Seems, although slight, with jacks down, it would be pushing the jacks back/forth, front to back to front. Thatís why when I was using our dolly, it was jacks-up before loading on the dolly. Now doing 4-down, doesnít matter when I hook up the Jeep.
Exactly what I was referring to.
mdvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:58 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvs View Post
Exactly what I was referring to.
Well,
Yes, maybe a slight amount of thrust on the jack legs but, don't forget, he SHOULD still have the tires on the ground and, that means the parking brake is ON! So, you'd be trying to push a heavy motorhome with a parking brake on,(and in park if it has one) by simply rolling off of a dolly in a controlled fashion with very little lateral thrust on the jacks.

Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, toad