Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2021, 10:42 PM   #15

E Trailer told me the same thing when i called them, so i went to amazon, found the baseplate and tow bar for cheaper and they both shipped out today.
bowhunter72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2021, 06:13 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_M View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Vibeman
You're welcome.
I posted my experience on this forum only as a head's up to anyone ordering parts from etrailer, they were open about what they were doing with my order, and why, and I thought it was a good idea to let others know what happened to me so you can make your own decision. As for me, I decided to wait it out with etrailer because I do not need the baseplate right now, and I am also still waiting on my RVI brake system anyway. (tablet is backordered)
Vibeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:41 AM   #17

I, too, had a recent problem with e-trailer. I ordered a Go Power solar kit from them in what should have been plenty of time for an 8 night boondocking trip. Website said it was in stock and would arrive in a week. E-trailer was almost $100 less expensive than Amazon and delivery on Amazon was the same. Not seeing any status updates at a time when it should have shipped, I called and was told "it was in another warehouse" and needed to be shipped from this "other warehouse" to the warehouse where customer shipping was done. Sounded a bit odd to me at the time. I was told it would not arrived on the date promised, but should arrive in time for my trip.

Called again several days later, since the status was still not changing and my trip was approaching. This time I was told it was being shipped directly from Go Power (which I believe is in Canada? Their "other warehouse" perhaps?) and Go Power was delayed in their shipping, and it was out of the control of Go Power. I can go with the drop shipping, but then why say it's in stock and give a 1 week delivery to my zip code?

With my trip fast approaching, I asked if paying for expedited shipping would get it to me faster? The CS rep again said it was out of their control but I could try and that it might move my order to the head of the list. I decided it was worth taking a chance and paid the shipping fee ($125) in order to try to save my trip, and miraculously, by solar kit shipped that day and arrived two days later.

Everyone I spoke with at e-trailer was professional and courteous but I have to admit I was left with a bad feeling from this experience. Now hearing that others have experienced inaccurate website information and a run-around regarding delivery, that bad feeling has been confirmed.

Having ordered other items from them in the past, I have consistently found the CS reps to be knowledgeable about the products sold, or could transfer me to someone more knowledgeable. I would probably purchase from them again, but will dig deeper about delivery and where the item is shipping from before placing an order.
Souljourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:05 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
Not sure what point PS56 is trying to make. Reposting the OP's original statement doesn't explain why the shipping failure is not the fault of etrailer. I agree with FIRE UP. Etrailer dropped the customer service ball on this one.
Not sure; why you're not sure. Simple, Etrailer has a labor shortage and gave the order to Roadmaster We don't know what problem Roadmaster has.

Read the news 9.2 million job openings in US.
PS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:17 AM   #19

I've bought lots of stuff from ETrailer (Pre COVID) and have always been happy with service and delivery. Who knows? There are all sorts of odd shortages these days that don't make any sense. I bought floor mats for my truck from Amazon the other day and they shipped from WeatherTech directly. I'm sure ETrailer does the same thing.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:24 AM   #20
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I have only ordered from E-Trailer once, several years ago, and got great service. I'm sorry to hear that their service is not as good as it should be!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:31 AM   #21

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I’ve had the same experience with them. Pre-COVID I got great response. During COVID, I got the in stock but not really in stock issue. Not just from etrailer though. Frustrated but rolling with it. Figure if they can’t keep up with orders they can’t keep up with the website either.
Old 07-07-2021, 09:48 AM   #22

I also tried to order a hitch from e-trailer and received an email that it would be 5 weeks before it arrived , I ended up cancelling my order and went elsewhere and ordered and received it in 3 days . Now don't get me wrong I like etrailer and order from them for a lot of my needs but in this case I could not risk waiting for the hitch as it was cutting it too close to the date to pick up our new Riverstone , and the way the supply chains are these days you have to get what you need when it is available from any vendor .
Defiant530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:49 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS56 View Post
I wouldn't blame Etrailer for this situation.
Exactly, every manufacturer is having problems right now. I work in the appliance field, and stuff that people could order and get within a week, now it's taking 2 to 4 months. They're shorthanded, many of the components they need to put their items together are scarce, and we're just going to have to weather through this.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:59 AM   #24

Yea, 4 months for my son's fridge to be delivered. And he was probably lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap4154 View Post
Exactly, every manufacturer is having problems right now. I work in the appliance field, and stuff that people could order and get within a week, now it's taking 2 to 4 months. They're shorthanded, many of the components they need to put their items together are scarce, and we're just going to have to weather through this.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:09 AM   #25

Throughout this thread, I see a lack of clarity in the communication between the retailer and the customer as the problem, not labor shortages or supply interruptions.

As stated by several, there are legitimate issues with delivery that we all need to recognize. However, clear statements by retailers of how they are dealing with the issue would have prevented the frustration by the OP and others.

When the retailer "splits the hair" by claiming something is in stock, and technically it is, but doesn't go further and state that delivery will be delayed, that raises the anger level, and rightly so, IMO. If they honestly don't know when an item will be shipped, they need to tell the customer. No one wants to be given the run around, and that is the impression given when a retailer hedges on the information they have regarding purchases and deliveries. That kind of "If they don't ask, don't tell" policy is what causes threads like this to be posted.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:19 AM   #26

Ford Super Duty Owner
ETrailer prices

One thing I noticed when buying my toad stuff was the price for each item fluctuated daily. I just kept checking and putting the lowest priced parts in the checkout box until I had everything I needed. Then I placed the order. Saved a bundle.
Bagger97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 11:01 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljwt330 View Post
Throughout this thread, I see a lack of clarity in the communication between the retailer and the customer as the problem, not labor shortages or supply interruptions.

As stated by several, there are legitimate issues with delivery that we all need to recognize. However, clear statements by retailers of how they are dealing with the issue would have prevented the frustration by the OP and others.

When the retailer "splits the hair" by claiming something is in stock, and technically it is, but doesn't go further and state that delivery will be delayed, that raises the anger level, and rightly so, IMO. If they honestly don't know when an item will be shipped, they need to tell the customer. No one wants to be given the run around, and that is the impression given when a retailer hedges on the information they have regarding purchases and deliveries. That kind of "If they don't ask, don't tell" policy is what causes threads like this to be posted.
I agree! It was the lack of communication and incorrect information that has diminished my confidence. I also think “in stock” when an item is not physically present in a retailer’s warehouse is a bit of a stretch. Sad that these communication gaffes have tarnished what had previously been an excellent customer experience. Shortages and staffing problems I can understand. But accurate communication is what creates good and long lasting customer relationships.
Souljourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 11:42 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew55 View Post
Yea, 4 months for my son's fridge to be delivered. And he was probably lucky.
Stores I deal with have almost sold out all their floor models. Many of them didn't keep a large stock in their store warehouse, so they're really out of luck right now. I've had a few customers doing kitchen remodels, and we ended up putting their old appliances back in the new cabinets while they wait.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer