Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:42 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Angry etrailer.com warning

I have heard good things on this forum about etrailer.com so I ordered my Roadmaster base plate, tow bar, and towing kit from them on 6-11-21 The website said all items were “in stock”. Since it has been over 3 weeks and I still have not received my order I called e-trailer today to find out the status. The rep said my order was forwarded to the vendor (Roadmaster) for shipment. She then put me on hold and called Roadmaster. They told her the “ETA” was 8-10-21. I asked why my order was forwarded to Roadmaster when the e-trailer website said they had it in stock. She checked their inventory and said they do have my items in stock right now, but that some large items requiring a forklift to get to in their warehouse were not being filled because they were shorthanded, and they were filling other easier orders instead. She said she could pull back the order from Roadmaster and put it back in their system but it would still be at least 4 weeks for them to fill it and that is almost as long as Roadmaster says. So I said I will just wait for Roadmaster.
I know everyone is short handed right now, but to let a paid order go unfilled (they have already charged my credit card) and fill other orders just because mine is more difficult to ship does not sit well with me. What ever happened to "first come, first served?"
So, if you are ordering a heavy item from etrailer.com, be prepared to be sent to the back of the line.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2021, 09:46 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeman View Post
I have heard good things on this forum about etrailer.com so I ordered my Roadmaster base plate, tow bar, and towing kit from them on 6-11-21 The website said all items were “in stock”. Since it has been over 3 weeks and I still have not received my order I called e-trailer today to find out the status. The rep said my order was forwarded to the vendor (Roadmaster) for shipment. She then put me on hold and called Roadmaster. They told her the “ETA” was 8-10-21. I asked why my order was forwarded to Roadmaster when the e-trailer website said they had it in stock. She checked their inventory and said they do have my items in stock right now, but that some large items requiring a forklift to get to in their warehouse were not being filled because they were shorthanded, and they were filling other easier orders instead. She said she could pull back the order from Roadmaster and put it back in their system but it would still be at least 4 weeks for them to fill it and that is almost as long as Roadmaster says. So I said I will just wait for Roadmaster.
I know everyone is short handed right now, but to let a paid order go unfilled (they have already charged my credit card) and fill other orders just because mine is more difficult to ship does not sit well with me. What ever happened to "first come, first served?"
So, if you are ordering a heavy item from etrailer.com, be prepared to be sent to the back of the line.
I wouldn't blame Etrailer for this situation.
PS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 11:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS56 View Post
I wouldn't blame Etrailer for this situation.
Why not!!!!!!!!!!!
Etrailer.com has been around for quite a while. If their website says they have items in stock, then they sure he... better mean what they say. They are the ones the OP ordered from, not Roadmaster. If the items the OP ordered are to be drop shipped from Roadmaster, but marketed by Etrailer.com, then that should be stated in the Etrailer.com website.

If you look at Amazons, eBay's, and other websites that sell items online, they quite often say, "sold by Amazon or whomever but, SHIPPED FROM .......

So, for the OP's situation, Etrailer.com totally dropped the ball here. Yes, maybe Etrailer.com IS shorthanded. Many business's across the country are short handed due to a lot of reasons, Covid and its residual and collateral affects are the main one. In any case, if that was the case, short handed etc, then Etrailer should state that on their website. They should say something to the effect: "We're presently shorthanded due to Covid and are processing and shipping orders in as efficient manor as possible, please be patient" If this was stated, then clients would at least be for warned and advised ahead of time and would then at least, calculate for a later than normal delivery.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 11:31 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I’ve ordered many things from them heavy hitches and tow bars and never had an issue. Some pre-Covid some during. They are one of the best on-line companies out there in my opinion. I usually call to verify parts are in stock before I order. In this day and age we should be experienced enough to recognize there can be a disconnect between the website and reality. Frustrating yes but it happens to all of us.
Old 07-06-2021, 11:38 AM   #5

etrailer.com warning

Thanks for the heads up. Vibeman
Rob_M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 11:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Why not!!!!!!!!!!!
Etrailer.com has been around for quite a while. If their website says they have items in stock, then they sure he... better mean what they say. They are the ones the OP ordered from, not Roadmaster. If the items the OP ordered are to be drop shipped from Roadmaster, but marketed by Etrailer.com, then that should be stated in the Etrailer.com website.

If you look at Amazons, eBay's, and other websites that sell items online, they quite often say, "sold by Amazon or whomever but, SHIPPED FROM .......

So, for the OP's situation, Etrailer.com totally dropped the ball here. Yes, maybe Etrailer.com IS shorthanded. Many business's across the country are short handed due to a lot of reasons, Covid and its residual and collateral affects are the main one. In any case, if that was the case, short handed etc, then Etrailer should state that on their website. They should say something to the effect: "We're presently shorthanded due to Covid and are processing and shipping orders in as efficient manor as possible, please be patient" If this was stated, then clients would at least be for warned and advised ahead of time and would then at least, calculate for a later than normal delivery.
Scott
I agree but will add that their excuse because it needed to moved or loaded by a forklift and would take 4 weeks to do is pretty weak.Even if they are short handed I'm pretty sure someone can take a couple minutes out of their regular job to jump in the forklift and load a skid.
I would have asked for a refund and bought it elsewhere even if it did take as long to get just to prove a point.
Old 07-06-2021, 11:42 AM   #7
D20

I would have been better for eTrailer to mark any item that they can't ship (whether or not it is on the shelf or not) as "backordered" with an expected ship date. It is deceiving to mark it in stock when they can't physically ship it.
Old 07-06-2021, 11:49 AM   #8

Hate to say it, but I've had recent issues with e-trailer also. I ordered a part for my son's boat trailer (NOT a heavy part!). The etrailer website said in stock, it was supposed to be delivered in less than a week. After it didn't come, I kept checking the website, and all it said was "in process", and the expected delivery date kept getting moved out. I ended up cancelling the order with e-trailer, and ordered the same part from Cabela's for $10 less, and got it in 4 days.
jergle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Why not!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott
" I asked why my order was forwarded to Roadmaster when the e-trailer website said they had it in stock. She checked their inventory and said they do have my items in stock right now, but that some large items requiring a forklift to get to in their warehouse were not being filled because they were shorthanded, and they were filling other easier orders instead."
From the OP.
PS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 06:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS56 View Post
" I asked why my order was forwarded to Roadmaster when the e-trailer website said they had it in stock. She checked their inventory and said they do have my items in stock right now, but that some large items requiring a forklift to get to in their warehouse were not being filled because they were shorthanded, and they were filling other easier orders instead."
From the OP.
Not sure what point PS56 is trying to make. Reposting the OP's original statement doesn't explain why the shipping failure is not the fault of etrailer. I agree with FIRE UP. Etrailer dropped the customer service ball on this one.
Titusville, FL when not on the road
hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 06:56 PM   #11

That is just lame. Can’t take five minutes to get on a forklift? Come on.

My issue with etrailer is that I can almost always find the same items for less elsewhere.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:38 PM   #12

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeman View Post

I had basically the same thing happen to me. I needed a trailer hitch for an upcoming trip and their website said that it is in stock. I added the Roadmaster receiver plug into the order.
I got a follow-up e-mail that they don't have the Roadmaster plug in stock but if I take the eTrailer plug, they can ship immediately.
Before I even had time to reply, I got another e-mail from eTrailer that they had forwarded the order to Roadmaster in Wash. Estimated delivery 6-8 weeks.
I e-mailed and called them nearly 3 weeks. Every time a different person answered and said he/she can handle this like they were fighting for commission on my order.
I told them to delete the plug alltogether as I need the hitch now for my trip. Once I got that sorted out, they had an excuse after excuse that they have difficulties getting this in stock part out of their warehouse. Then the on-line status disappeared also.
I finally got fed up with this and told them that if they don't ship by tomorrow, I'll cancel the order.
The part shipped the next day and I got it like 4 days later.
I'll never get anything from eTrailer again as long as there is another source. I don't care if it costs more.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:22 PM   #13
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Covid is getting to be a WORN OUT excuse. Another poster on here ordered a Furion A/C unit from Etrailer. The thing came half beat to death. Etrailer took no responsibility.

Vibeman....last Thanksgiving, I damaged my Roadmaster 10K tow bar. After checking everywhere, I found it on Amazon and it was shipped and arrived two days later.

Etrailer offers a lot of parts in one place at a reasonable price, but they're damaging their reputation with stuff like this.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 09:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Covid is getting to be a WORN OUT excuse. Another poster on here ordered a Furion A/C unit from Etrailer. The thing came half beat to death. Etrailer took no responsibility.

Vibeman....last Thanksgiving, I damaged my Roadmaster 10K tow bar. After checking everywhere, I found it on Amazon and it was shipped and arrived two days later.

Etrailer offers a lot of parts in one place at a reasonable price, but they're damaging their reputation with stuff like this.
You are most certainly correct Don, Covid IS a worn out excuse for many things gone wrong in the last year. But, due to the way things were handled, i.e. send everyone home and either let them work from home or, just pay them for not working, people, (people that are still in the "work force" that is, have gotten lazy. And, the U.S. is slowly trying to return to some form of normalcy but, it's not gonna be easy.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer