Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2019, 05:44 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Can't go wrong with M&G. Very easy to use
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2019, 05:47 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Patriot
jarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:49 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
Used the Blue Ox Patriot for years which is made by Brake Buddy..but grew tired of the lengthy setup procedure and standing in the rain while it went through its three brake applications only to find that I needed to adjust and re-test..very frustrating. I now use the Ready Brake and it's a set and forget mechanical device with zero electronics.
Yea that 3 minute set up is a real time coster
jarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:05 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarata View Post
Yea that 3 minute set up is a real time coster
And the fact that the Patriot was a power hog I had to install a charge line, not necessary with the ReadyBrake. Oh and did I mention cost? Patriot 1200.00. plus charge line wiring and RVI towed charger 75.00. ReadyBrake 400.00. Setup time Patriot 10-15 minutes. ReadyBrake 0 minutes. Did I make the right decision? You be the judge.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:09 AM   #33

I would never buy a used braking system any more than I would buy used tires. Just my opinion but tires and brakes are too important a safety item, especially on a big MH pulling a TOAD, to cut corners on.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:15 AM   #34

Ford Super Duty Owner
Bought a used Invisibrake off the classified section for $350.00. Tires you can't tell about, braking systems work...or they don't.

Installed it myself, works flawlessly, glad I went with it
Sbrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 02:46 PM   #35

Another ReadyBrake Fan. I've used it on two different motor homes and two different toads. Works great and quick to setup.
starcrwzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 02:56 PM   #36

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Brake Master 9000
Old 07-28-2019, 03:04 PM   #37

Loved our M&G, doesn't work in all vehicles. Easiest one we have ever used. Using a Roadmaster Brakemaster works like AF1. AF1 is also very good, my husband just didn't like the way it attached to the brake. The Brakemaster can go in and out and use on different vehicles if you need to.
lrobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 03:04 PM   #38

Love the M&G system. No fuss, no muss. Hooked up in 3 minutes including checking tail lights and blinkers.
Cheryl Bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 03:36 PM   #39

M&G is the best IMHO.
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 03:56 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Braking system

We use a Air Force one for 16,000 miles . No issues so far.
300danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 04:07 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Yep,
Since you own a D/P, I'd HIGHLY suggest the M&G system. For at least two, if not more reasons.

1. There is absolutely NOTHING inside the cab of your toad, no robots to hook onto the brake pedal, no cables, no arms, no electrical hookups, NOTHING!

2. Since it is coupled IN BETWEEN the power brake booster and the master cylinder, there is ZERO actuation of your brake pedal, PERIOD! And that means, there is ZERO activation of your brake lights on the toad, from it's own brake switch, which, can interfere with some toad lighting, depending on how it's wired.

3. It's not triggered by any electrical signal that may be used by other forms of supplemental braking systems so, there is absolutely ZERO draw down of the toad battery, just in case some have to be attached to the toads electrical system to work.

4. Because it's not a surge type system, there is no activation of the toads brakes during long down hill grades, even with the exhaust brake or Jake brake being applied for extended periods.

Without a doubt, one of or, to us, THE BEST auxiliary braking systems if, IF, YOU HAVE A D/P and, they (the company) has one that's made for your particular toad.
Scott
M&G is the only one I would even think about. Simply nothing to go wrong !
Old 07-28-2019, 04:27 PM   #42

RVi Brake 3 and their battery charger on my 2017 Subaru Crosstrek (5 speed). Works great...
lrpendant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, toad