Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2018, 02:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
JL has the hybrid electric steering. Needs wiring harness from Jeep installed to keep power applied to the steering system.
Can you provide a source for that requirement?

I haven't read of any such wiring harness for the JL or of any requirement for such a harness. Additionally, there is no indication of this requirement in the Jeep JL owner's manual.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2018, 03:01 PM   #16

The JK and the JL hydraulic power steering systems are basically the the same except that the JK was controlled mechanically vs it’s electronic for the JL.

The revised release date for the JL tow harness has been delayed to June 1 but at this point it will only control brake lights and turn signals. Now, since Jeep tripled the previous pricing, we’re hoping that it does more. We’ll see in a few weeks and I’m willing to wait.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lass View Post
The JK and the JL hydraulic power steering systems are basically the the same except that the JK was controlled mechanically vs it’s electronic for the JL.

The revised release date for the JL tow harness has been delayed to June 1 but at this point it will only control brake lights and turn signals. Now, since Jeep tripled the previous pricing, we’re hoping that it does more. We’ll see in a few weeks and I’m willing to wait.
I believe the tow harness you are talking about is the one needed to tow a trailer behind the JL and has nothing to do with towing the JL behind a motorhome. If you can point me to a site that says otherwise I'd appreciate it.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:05 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
I believe the tow harness you are talking about is the one needed to tow a trailer behind the JL and has nothing to do with towing the JL behind a motorhome. If you can point me to a site that says otherwise I'd appreciate it.

I have the trailer tow package on the JL and I am referring to the RV towing harness. PN 82215382.

Las
Old 05-18-2018, 07:27 AM   #19

.... I installed a B/O tow package [base plate and tow bar] on my 2006 Wrangler Sport. My only regret is that I didn't swap out the stock bumper for after market with tow tabs.... I am not a rock climber so slightly lower BO base plate is not an issue but a new bumper would have been great at about the same price. Newer/higher end jeeps [like the Ruby] come with some pretty nice OEM bumpers so a nice after-market is not that much of an upgrade--IMHO. Just remember what J-E-E-P stands for: "Just Empty Every Pocket" .....and yes--"It is a Jeep thing!"
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:09 AM   #20

I have Blue OX baseplate, tow bar and wiring.
Gigli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, tow