Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2016, 05:30 AM   #1

Flag/marker on rear of toad

Has anyone mounted a flag or marker on rear end of your toad so you can see the rear end. I think this would be helpful just to visually look in your mirrors to see it much quickly when passing or changing lanes. I can see it in the rear facing camera, but I think it would be much faster to see it in the mirrors. I have looked on line for magnetic flag markers and most I see are only rated for 40 mph, not much good on the interstate.
nelsonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2016, 06:19 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I use my mirrors and cameras. You still have to find the flag in your mirrors or camera. For me it would just be another distraction. If you think it would help you, keep looking. I am sure someone has them.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:20 AM   #3

RV Trip Wizard
Grand Design Owners Club
I understand why you bring this up because after years of monitoring all six sides of my big truck, it does seem weird not being able to visually see the rear most corner.

From experience I am safe in stating it would require a very sturdy mount one that might not look pretty on DW's car.

Next time you're at a fuel stop walk over to the truck supply section and note that everyone sells those wide load flags.
Yes, they don't stay on very well.

If you come up with something come back and share it.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:33 AM   #4
YC1

The rear view monitors are often located in poor locations. Almost always as far as I am concerned. You have to look down to see the darn things or up. If the monitor was along the dash and part of your normal scan it would be easier.

Often they mount the cameras so they cannot even see the backs of the toads. I had to rebuild my mount to be able to see back just like a rear view mirror.

I built a removable mount for my monitor so it can ride in my scan view area. After doing that for a few years I just decided to rebuild the radio stack area and mount the monitor on a sturdy Ram mount. It can be dropped below the level of the dash so the fur babies can jump up there when parked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	monitor.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	145131  

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
toad