Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-17-2020, 10:04 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Flat Towing 2012 Buick LaCrosse

I've researched this and know that my LaCrosse can be flat towed so it is being outfitted right now.

Mine has the push button, so no key.

For those towing the 2012 LaCrosse with pushbutton, What do you do?

Historical threads here offer conflicting info. My dealer told me to hook it up and go but that leaves the trans in 'P'

Need ya'll's expert advice.

Thanks - Looking forward to hitting the road before much longer.

Drive Safe - Richard
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2020, 11:15 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Obviously you need to get it into neutral for towing. Even with the keyless ignition, you are supposed to be able to put the ignition in ACC mode and that is supposed to let you shift into Neutral. I think you have to leave it in ACC while towing. This is covered in the section of your owner manual on Recreational Towing. If you don't have that, download at https://my.buick.com/content/dam/gmo...sse_owners.pdf
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 01:09 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Gary,

Thanks for the info. I downloaded the manual - it is totally different from the one that came with my LaCrosse. GM told me that they sent out a memo but dealer didn't have it or the towing procedures.

I'm having a charge line installed with the baseplate and brake so I won't have to worry about the battery.

Thanks again. I saved it to my computer for future reference - Richard
Old 08-19-2020, 11:35 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Totally different? That's a bit scary. I had a '14 LaCrosse whose manual said "not towable", but I wasn't looking to tow it so never investigated further.

I have to say that the GMC owner manual for my Acadia was totally wrong about recreational towing, and so was a friend's Chevy Cruze manual. It took GM quite a while to get it straightened out too. The Acadia needed an entirely different procedure but the Cruze ended up not towable.
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, towing