RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:15 PM   #1

Coastal Campers
Folding trailer for my Spyder as a toad

Has anyone used a Stinger or similar folding trailer to tow a trike or motorcycles? Is there any reason not to use a folding trailer?
We've got a 28' class C.
Thanks for your input!
Roadyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2019, 07:53 PM   #2

Look up Slingshot Transporter, as far as a trailer as long as it can carry the weight it shouldn’t be a problem.
Vongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:30 PM   #3

You wont be happy with the mess your bike is when you get to your destination. I did one trip with my touring bike on an open trailer. Never again. Your better off with a small enclosed trailer. The bike will be happier, and you can even put some extra stuff in there like helmets, and extra riding clothes, spare tires etc.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:14 PM   #4

Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadyacht View Post
Has anyone used a Stinger or similar folding trailer to tow a trike or motorcycles? Is there any reason not to use a folding trailer?
We've got a 28' class C.
Thanks for your input!
If I don't get a folding trailer, I'll have to pay for storage as I do for my RV.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadyacht View Post
If I don't get a folding trailer, I'll have to pay for storage as I do for my RV.
Where do you store your bike. The enclosed trailer wouldn't be much longer than the bike. As a bonus, your bike is locked inside, safely away from rodents, and other pests.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:16 AM   #6

Didn’t do a lot of searching on a folding trailer but aren’t they usually 4’x8’? If so the Spyder is too big for the trailer and pretty much at it’s weight limit.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:23 AM   #7

I dont really have anything to add to this other than it makes sense to have a small enclosed trailer to load your bike into as it will keep it cleaner and allow you to lock it up and store other things out of the elements.

but for the life of me i haven't figured out the purpose of a folding trailer.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:32 AM   #8

Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vongreg View Post
Look up Slingshot Transporter, as far as a trailer as long as it can carry the weight it shouldn’t be a problem.
Thanks for this. I hadn't found that type of thing until you mentioned it. It's a definite possibility.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:13 PM   #9

I have a Slingshot and have both the transporter and the dolly. I used the transporter when I had my Dynamax Grandsport. It worked great. One thing to be aware of you will have several hundred pounds of tongue weight. On the Slingshot it was 700#. With the Spyder probably half that. You would have to secure the handle bars but that would be an easy fix. After I sold the Dynamax I bought their tow dolly. It works great too.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:25 PM   #10

I used my Kendon folding trailer all the time when I get to my site I stand it behind my rv love it
Alberto Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:42 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We used a Kendon Dual Rail trailer to tow our Ural sidecar rig for several years. When not towing it stood up in our garage and only took up about 28 inches of floor space, but it was a real bear to get stood up! We sold it when we sold the Ural and got a Goldwing sidecar - the Goldwing rig was too wide to fit on the trailer!
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spyder, stinger, toad, trailer