Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-06-2021, 06:23 PM   #1

Ford Bronco Toad

Thinking seriously about ordering a Wildtrack 4 door, but not finding much useful information on tow bar setups

Anyone with actual experience?
GWBGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2021, 08:49 PM   #2

In for information, everything I have read says itís flat towable. I believe Blue Ox has baseplates etc for it. Iím thinking itís probably similar to my 2020 Ranger but am curious also.
depmur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 01:53 AM   #3

There are ongoing discussions on some of the bronco forums about the ability to connect a towbar directly to the factory bronco recovery tabs. The factory tabs are designed for 3/4" shackles. They have a 7/8" bore and are 1" wide. This is the same size as many towbars currently use or can be optioned with. The factory recovery tabs are very robust and are bolted directly to the frame with 4 very large fasteners. Ford has already indicated that the new Bronco with the correct transfer case can be flat towed. It also seems like they may have already provided an attachment point if you select the optional bumper.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attac...51-jpeg.61971/
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 05:28 AM   #4

Blue ox has a video out on their tow mounts not sure its on the website yet.

I emailed one of the companies that makes a jeep towable bumper they said they are gonna make one as soon as they get the Bronco they ordered.

My Bronco had a build date of late November.
ransil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 06:56 AM   #5

Well itís a long story but yesterday I picked up 21 Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch. I have NIRVC in AZ researching towing options. From what I have found Blue Ox is the only option at this time. So I will be adding base plate, Airforce one and a new tow bar. Suspect I will also need an upside down drop to get the bar level.

I will post pics and findings as the process goes along.
AZRVR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 08:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRVR17 View Post
Well itís a long story but yesterday I picked up 21 Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch. I have NIRVC in AZ researching towing options. From what I have found Blue Ox is the only option at this time. So I will be adding base plate, Airforce one and a new tow bar. Suspect I will also need an upside down drop to get the bar level.

I will post pics and findings as the process goes along.

Congrats! Depending on the rise needed, You may have issues clearing the back of your MH. Measure twice before ordering your hitch extension/ riser. Keep us posted .
Rob_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 08:29 AM   #7

Check the Demco Commander ll tow bar it has a rise or flipped over a drop built in don't need an extra piece in your hitch.
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:32 PM   #8

I will update on this thread. Ordered the baseplate today, apparently it’s 30 days out, ugg,

Hate to be the test dummy on this one but here we go!

BTW the Bronco is Fantastic! Put 200 freeway miles on it today, cruise set at 80, easy! Tech is good, ride and handling s much improved over Jeep.

JD
Old 11-10-2021, 04:00 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have the BOx baseplate but no Bronco yet, being built next week, hopefully I'll have it sometime around Thanksgiving (before or after). OuterBanks 4dr, auto,2.3.
legryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 05:30 AM   #10

I have an outer banks w/ Sasquatch 2.7 standard bumper. Waiting for my base plate from Blue ox to arrive
Old 11-11-2021, 07:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRVR17 View Post
I will update on this thread. Ordered the baseplate today, apparently itís 30 days out, ugg,

Hate to be the test dummy on this one but here we go!

BTW the Bronco is Fantastic! Put 200 freeway miles on it today, cruise set at 80, easy! Tech is good, ride and handling s much improved over Jeep.

JD

Thatís good to hear! which engine/ transmission?
Rob_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 09:59 AM   #12

See above but 2.7 10spd auto
Old 11-11-2021, 02:40 PM   #13

AZRVR17, Please keep us updated on your base plate setup? My son has a 2 door Badlands with Sasquatch reserved; hope to have by early second half of '22. We'll be towing it with a DP. It will have a winch and be driven off road so will have the skid plates, etc. Our ideal solution would be to use the recovery tabs on the front bumper for connection points as not to interfere with skid plates or ground clearance. Currently running a Demco. I talked to them several months ago, they said they would have a baseplate, but didn't have one at that time. But that doesn't mean it would work with a winch setup. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2021, 10:32 PM   #14

Happy to update, I am probably another 30 days out from getting base plate from BO.

I am setting up Blue Ox plus Air Force one.

I have the standard bumper. The modular bumper is very different. I believe demco has a mounting set up for the two recovery points you get with the modular bumper that would work with that set up. Check out their website.

Road master is still waiting to get their hands on a Bronco.

Blue Ox is done with design but seems to be having production challenges. Or just doing small batches as orders come in.

Tags
ford, toad