Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:48 AM   #15

I wouldn't trust a dealer to answer that definitively, however you might try contacting Ford directly. There is a website for Ford customers, not sure if they will answer the question though but if you tell them you are considering a pre-order they might dig into it for you. The Ford customer web site is where I go to update my Navigation maps and Sync 3 software.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2018, 09:33 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
I was trying to wait for the Ranger but I had to make a purchase this summer so went with the Chevy Colorado. There is some aluminum in the new Ranger but only hood and tailgate. Not sure where the weight will come in, but I have seen some indications that it will use a transfer case with neutral so transmission is irrelevant. My Colorado is towed in Park because the transfer case is in neutral.
Have you weighed your Colorado? What trim is it? I'm looking for a 4x4 pickup to tow 4 down but am limited in weight to below 5K.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:04 AM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm not at all familiar with the new Ranger, but I do remember reading somewhere that a transfer case for a different vehicle that didn't have a neutral position could still be put into neutral by pushing the 4 low and 4 high switches ( or it may have been 4 wheel and 2 wheel switches? ) at the same time. I don't know if that would apply to the Ranger but it may be worth checking out.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsqrd View Post
Have you weighed your Colorado? What trim is it? I'm looking for a 4x4 pickup to tow 4 down but am limited in weight to below 5K.

I have not weighed it, but it should come in under 5K lbs. as the advertised curb weight is 4,419 for the crew cab. I have the Z71 version of the crew cab. I figure 4,600 lbs with fuel.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:23 PM   #19

Weighed my Colorado

I have a 2016 4 door, long bed 4wd. I weighed it with me in the driver's seat (155 lbs.) and 1/2 tank of gas and it was 4,720 lbs. It was at the newly installed scale at our town landfill. Not sure how accurate is is but seems to fall inline with manufacturer's weights.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:38 AM   #20

The owner's manual is finally out for the 2019 Ranger and the 4x4 can be flat-towed!

Page 211 explains how to do it.

https://www.ranger5g.com/downloads/2...ers-Manual.pdf
Old 10-19-2018, 06:14 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad2018 View Post
The owner's manual is finally out for the 2019 Ranger and the 4x4 can be flat-towed!

Page 211 explains how to do it.

https://www.ranger5g.com/downloads/2...ers-Manual.pdf
Thatís great news
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:01 PM   #22

ranger

wonder about the list price
Saralee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:33 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Ranger

That good news about the Ranger. Its always good to have another vehicle that is flat towable in the lineup. I'm now towing a 2014 CRV and having some transmission "shuddering" its under Warranty but Honda has not been able to fix on the first try. The Ranger would make a good Toad, but will wait for base plate availablity....
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford