Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2023, 12:06 PM   #1

Gladiator flat tow

My new 2023 gladiator manual says when taking out of flat tow to crank the engine, gear selector in neutral then turn OFF engine and move 4 wheel drive selector from neutral to 2H. When I turn off the engine, I cannot get the 4 wheel selector to move in any direction. If I crank the engine, it easily moves to 2H. Any one else have this issue?
WayBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2023, 05:45 PM   #2

We have a 2021 Gladiator and at first it was really hard to shift the transfer case. After a while it's loosened up a bit and is much easier. The more you shift it the smoother it will be. I would shift ours into 4H while slowly driving down our residential street then back into 2H when I reached the driveway just to "exercise" it a bit.
Old 01-16-2023, 05:51 PM   #3

If you turn off and shift at the same time it is much easier. You need both hands. Until it get more use. Yes! Hard to shift when new. Try that trick putting it in neutral and out of neutral makes it much easier.
DanleyFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 04:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT3927 View Post
We have a 2021 Gladiator and at first it was really hard to shift the transfer case. After a while it's loosened up a bit and is much easier. The more you shift it the smoother it will be. I would shift ours into 4H while slowly driving down our residential street then back into 2H when I reached the driveway just to "exercise" it a bit.
^^ This - especially the last sentence. We bought an '18 Wrangler a couple years ago that was used by the dealership as a loaner - only had about 6000 miles on it. I don't think it was put into 4wd much at all. It seemed nearly impossible to engage until I finally got it working. Took the advice of frequently putting it in 4wd, whether it needed it or not, and now it's not an issue. Every once in a while it needs "persuading" by rocking back and forth, but not that often. What's the old adage? "Use it or lose it!"
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow