Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:21 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
One problem with a trailer is once in the CG, you have to find a place to park or store it.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2018, 12:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post

Sounds like a good solution. Have you considered putting a hitch on the car to tow the empty trailer? If you ever got into a situation where total length was a issue like a CG, this would give you another option.
I really like that idea, thank you. Besides maneuvering in tight areas, a hitch would allow me to use a bike rack. Better and better.

I am sure towing a trailer will limit my CG options somewhat, but I will be only 43' total length.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:23 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
We test drove the Rubicon 4 door first and I have had back surgery and just way to rough riding and just plain hurt to ride in. I was ready to move on and the dealer had me drive a 17 Sahara with lot less aggressive tires and softer suspension and ride was great. Tire noise isn't any louder than most compact cars. I compared it to a 2013 CRV TOAD and think the Jeep rode better. The real jeep guys tell me that a Sahara is "Mall Cruiser" and not a real Jeep
I agree it's the Rubicon suspension and tires that I don't like as well but I wanted something I could play with off road doing very little too. The Rubicon fits that bill perfectly and like I said it's not my daily driver so I can live with the downside.
Craig1960 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:32 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
1980 Triumph Spitfire owner here...frame off resto.

That aside, I think you just put me on the perfect trailer. I was drooling over a Roadking but realized that you can only get them in Australia.

Ron
rmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:06 PM   #19

We towed a MG Midget, 4 down, until the chassis cracked and the tow bar broke off. It was fun while it lasted.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:09 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig1960 View Post
I hear you on that,If I had to drive my Jeep every day I would lose interest in real fast.
Well Sir,
I don't know what model/year of your Jeep but, we've had 9 of them in the last 35 years and have driven them all in a daily routine. Our present one, a '15 JKUR is a pleasure to drive. We've taken it on many trips from here at home in Lake Havasu City AZ to San Diego for family get togethers and it's always very comfortable to drive.

And we have many, many friends here town that also really like their Jeeps. As usual, it's a matter of opinion on what's comfortable, what's easy, what's economical, what's practical and all that. Jeeps, especially the Wrangler versions are not all that economical for sure. But, to us, their just plain fun to drive.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 01:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Well Sir,
I don't know what model/year of your Jeep but, we've had 9 of them in the last 35 years and have driven them all in a daily routine. Our present one, a '15 JKUR is a pleasure to drive. We've taken it on many trips from here at home in Lake Havasu City AZ to San Diego for family get togethers and it's always very comfortable to drive.

And we have many, many friends here town that also really like their Jeeps. As usual, it's a matter of opinion on what's comfortable, what's easy, what's economical, what's practical and all that. Jeeps, especially the Wrangler versions are not all that economical for sure. But, to us, their just plain fun to drive.
Scott
I have a 15 2 door Rubicon and never said they weren't fun to drive, but as a daily driver I would much rather drive 14 F150 for the comfort and quietness.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:00 PM   #22

Agree the Trailex is a great little trailer; have set up a Honda Fit now but we also use the Featherlite 3310 open trailer (a ~5-600 weight delta but like durability and resale values) to pull our VW Sportwagon and motorcycle turned sideways in front of it. If RV parking is tight I've got a hitch on the back of the Sportwagon to put the trailer in a convenient hole. Just the route I took...
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer