Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2016, 07:25 PM   #85

I'm going to be using a dolly for my 2015 Lincoln MKC, why did you not like the dolly? Also, does anyone know if the mileage racks up? I called Lincoln & they said yes, but I called a service manager & he said no, since the engine is turned off. Any comments. Its a front wheel drive.
BarbSibley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2016, 07:02 PM   #86

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbSibley View Post
I'm going to be using a dolly for my 2015 Lincoln MKC, why did you not like the dolly? Also, does anyone know if the mileage racks up? I called Lincoln & they said yes, but I called a service manager & he said no, since the engine is turned off. Any comments. Its a front wheel drive.

I don't see how milage could rack up if it's a fwd and its on a Dolly?

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 06-19-2016, 07:12 PM   #87
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have to agree if the front wheels are off the ground it should not accumulate mileage.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:24 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtop View Post
My new Feista is flat towable after you go through a series of steps then disconnect the battery cable. I have an Even-Brake that I have no idea how I'm going to use it without power. The paper work talks about "If you have a Nuetral Tow package". I don't think I have that. Any ideas or suggestions?
Red top, I have the same equipment. I installed aftermarket power socket (double)wired direct to the battery with a 20 amp inline fuse. I installed auxiliary stop light switch to signal the even brake that brakes are activated.
nomad bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:30 PM   #89
YC1

You can setup a connector to take battery power.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:55 PM   #90

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad bull View Post
Red top, I have the same equipment. I installed aftermarket power socket (double)wired direct to the battery with a 20 amp inline fuse. I installed auxiliary stop light switch to signal the even brake that brakes are activated.
what year Fiesta? the OP on this was from 2012. I don't see anything in the newer tow guides talking about need anything extra? We are looking at a 2016 Fiesta for a TOAD so I hope I don't need extra crap besides a braking system.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:41 AM   #91

Hi Mo Coach, can you please post what you found? I'd like to take the instructions to the dealer who says they cannot do it.
christophere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:47 PM   #92

Here is the link. I printed it and took it to my Ford dealer. There are a few sets of instructions included depending on which system your ford dealer uses. Good luck!

D & D World Travel - Our Articles - How To Make A Ford Explorer 4x4 Dinghy Ready
MO Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:14 PM   #93

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
Good News For Ford TOADs

Hopefully that will help anyone with an Explorer. I had a 98 Explorer and it was a simple $25 kit . Since then I've now towed a 2010 Escape and now a 2014 Edge which is easily set up and tows very well. Quick warm up for about 5 min's , run through the gears, place in neutral, tow up to 6 hours before having to run the engine again and shift through gears. Keep at or below 65 mph.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:17 PM   #94

Gulf Streamers Club
John Freyja;]Hopefully that will help anyone with an Explorer. I had a 98 Explorer and it was a simple $25 kit . Since then I've now towed a 2010 Escape and now a 2014 Edge which is easily set up and tows very well. Quick warm up for about 5 min's , run through the gears, place in neutral, tow up to 6 hours before having to run the engine again and shift through gears. Keep at or below 65 mph.

We also flat tow a 2015 Ford Edge and have NO problems. Our last big trip was from NC to AK and back, summer of 2015. I added a stick on gravel guard to the Edge and loved it. Neither the Kargard not the Kargard II protect anything below the tow bar, that area got eaten up pretty bad. Towing the Edge is a breeze, our habit is every time we stop we start the Edge and run it thru the gears. It only takes a few minutes. I usually do that while my wife walks our dog. We have towed both flat tow and dolly. Both usually take two people, just depends on you and what you want and like.
Happy Motoring...
Jim & Carrie.
wagonmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:23 PM   #95

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreyja View Post
Since then I've now towed a 2010 Escape and now a 2014 Edge which is easily set up and tows very well.
On a 2 wheel drive? We are tow dolly-ing our 2wd Edge.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:08 PM   #96
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
On a 2 wheel drive? We are tow dolly-ing our 2wd Edge.
2012 edge fwd 3.7L Limited towing four down

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:07 AM   #97

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
2012 edge fwd 3.7L Limited towing four down
2013 Limited, Ecoboost, front wheel drive. Interesting that it is even remotely possible, I had no idea. No big deal, we already have the dolly. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:17 AM   #98

Forest River Owners Club
For some reason it would not let me edit my last post. But, I see the difference after doing some research. The V6 versions of the Edge allow limited towing, but the EcoBoost models have a different transmission and must be dolly towed.

Tags
ford