Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #1

Good News For Ford TOADs (NTK's available again)

Good News For Ford TOADs

I was perusing another RV oriented website and the discussion in a thread caught my eye. The subject was the infamous & no longer in stock Ford Neutral Tow Switches, essential for Toad'ing Ford SUV's. Somebody thought a new company in Texas was now making and selling them for Ford Vehicles. So I googled up the company, Victory Climate Systems. Got an email first thing this morning with a positive confirmation, here's the particulars:

"We do manufacture Neutral Tow Kits for Ford vehicles. You can call and order them at 817-293-3331. We accept Mastercard and Visa

Victory Climate Systems
1-874-293-3331"

That is good news for us since we are considering a new (to us) Toad since the "Superior German Engineered VW Jetta" is a bit too delicate for the Goat Trails on our Rock Hounding adventures.
JohnQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I already found one I needed after an extensive search. Thank you very much for the information I think a lot of people will be happy to read it.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #3

KZ RV Club
I have not heard of this essential item, and we have been towing a 2010 Ford Edge since May 2010 without incident. Is this for older Ford Toads? We tow in neutral in the same manner that we towed a 2007 Honda CRV . . .
Old 08-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1dgh View Post
I have not heard of this essential item, and we have been towing a 2010 Ford Edge since May 2010 without incident. Is this for older Ford Toads? We tow in neutral in the same manner that we towed a 2007 Honda CRV . . .
Your Edge tows like my wife's 08 MKX AWD by just putting it into neutral whereas my 98 Explorer Sport needs to have a little sequence done to it then a little red led light lights when the transfer case is in neutral.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #5

This is needed by the Ranger.
2912N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
still wondering what it is and does...can anyone educate us naive ones.... thanks joe
mjoemort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For my 98 Explorer 4X4 the GEM module is "re-flashed" "updated" or "Information Uploaded" what ever you'd like to call it at a Ford dealership via computer.

The kit consists of nothing else but a small piece of wire and a led light, the procedure to use if I remember right is start the engine, put in neutral, shut the engine off, and step on the brake until the led light comes on. At that point the motors in the transmission/transfer case are positioned so the unit is really in neutral ready to tow.

I may have misstated a fact as it's been a long time since I've used it and do not have the instructions readily available. It should at least give you the general idea.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #8

The NTKs apparently are available again from http://accessories.ford.com . I looked up the Ranger kit, 3L2Z-7H332-AA, and it was $249.00!!!. For an led, plastic mounting panel, and a short cable to connect to the factory harness. Unbelievable! And you still have to pay Ford to update the truck's computer.
jrd48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
My 98 Ford Explorer neutral tow "chip" cost $25.
Sure wish I had one for my 2010 Escape!
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Towing Ford Fiesta

My new Feista is flat towable after you go through a series of steps then disconnect the battery cable. I have an Even-Brake that I have no idea how I'm going to use it without power. The paper work talks about "If you have a Nuetral Tow package". I don't think I have that. Any ideas or suggestions?
redtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #11

Here's for the 2005 down. Had to make my own for my 2010.$20 with Ford parts

Second one is the invoice for the Park Limit switch which is the same limit switch they use in the 2006 on up Neutral tow kit. All you have to do is pull the center console apart and wire it up to trip when it's in neutral. I have the instructions someware but can't find it. I used the Neutral light off of my 2004. Same thing same plug hanging down.. I'll keep looking.

Found it. Everything you need Screw Ford.

Yea, you still have to have it flashed for "neutral Tow Enabled" Ford service probably won't even know what your talking about.

And notice in the parts, the new one is just a $5 limit switch and the earlier LED light. They want how much??
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ExplorerNeutralTow[1].pdf (1.36 MB, 704 views)
File Type: pdf Neutral tow switch invoice.pdf (80.9 KB, 398 views)
File Type: pdf explorer neutral tow kit-2006-to current.pdf (1.87 MB, 601 views)
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #12

Ford Neutral Tow Kits

I've been posting on other forums as well, but I wanted to re-list this information to help anyone looking for a Ford Neutral Tow Kit for their Ranger, Explorer, or Sport Trac.

The company that made these tow kits went out of business a few years ago, apparently not being able to make any money selling the kits for $65. They are now back in business again, but are charging $249 to $299 for the same kits.

I have the instructions for all the Ford kits, and I will share them with you for free if you need them to tow your vehicle. All you need to do in most cases is install an LED on your dash. You will have to go back to a dealer to re-program your computer to "enable" the programming, but if you're handy with tools you can install your own "kit" for under $12.

If you want to save a BUNCH of money, please Email me at ross0737 at aol dot com, and I'll help you out. I bought my Sport Trac at a time when you couldn't get these kits anywhere in the country, and my dealer lied his butt off to me about it. That's why I share with anyone who needs these for FREE...
Cheers!!
Loren
Loren R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #13

Loren is the Man thank you!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 06:14 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
last trip we towed our 2 WD 2008 ford escape on a 2 wheel car dolly. Did not like it at all!! Considering flat towing it next time, but based on what I have read so far and the owner's manual, not a good idea.
I emailed Victory Climate Systems recommended by "JohnQ" requesting info on Tow Neutral Switch for Escape, waiting to hear from them.

Any other suggestion? NEED HELP DON"T WANT TO GO BACK TO TOW DOLLY
Excursion04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford