Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2016, 04:08 PM   #15

Hi The fuse you need to pull for the Hybrid is in the engine compartment. If you take off the plastic cover that says Hybrid there is another fuse box cover....remove that and the fuse you need to pull is (as you look at it from the front of the engine) is in the back row and 3rd from the right. They are large fuses. The procedure to follow for readying it to tow is slightly different from the post above in that you place the transmission in drive and then into neutral and let it run for 3 minutes and then put the key into accessory. Then you remove the fuse. This is all explained in your manual. Take a look!

Geoff
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-29-2016, 04:29 PM   #16

Mikebreeze, which fuse did you pull or switch? I tried the 2 amp " ign", but all it did was to (sometimes) disable the starter function. Turning the switch off with the engine running does not stop the engine. That's a good thing, I guess, but it did not reduce the current draw when the engine is off and the fans, radio, etc. are off.

I found that the draw is about 1.5 amps with the key in the "run" position, so there is probably no worry about a 4 or 5 hour tow, so maybe it's no problem..............

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tom-

I had a switch attached to the fuse called 'PWR MODING'. It is located within the fuse box that is within the passenger foot well. I have attached a pic from my manual showing the location of the fuse and a picture of the switch that I had installed. I got the small box to put over the switch from Michaels Crafts because my better half knocked the switch with her leg and cut off power within the vehicle...twice.

Please bear in mind that our vehicles are 6 years apart in age and they may have changed things on mine. Anyway, good luck and let me know how it goes. I can send you the towing excerpts from my manual if you want.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pwr_moding03012016.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	120226   Click image for larger version

Name:	captiva_switch03012016.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	120227  

Old 03-01-2016, 10:35 AM   #18

Mike, thanks for the info, but the picture is too small to blow up enough to read. What size fuse was it? I can get into the panel just fine, but I don't see anything with that labeling.

I have a 10A fuse between the ACC/RAP relay and the 15A audio fuse, labeled CLUSTER. Is that it maybe?

Tom
Old 03-02-2016, 08:09 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tom-

I have attached a larger version of the passenger foot well fuse box and have circled the PWR/MODING fuse. It is 2A. I verified this both in my manual and in the vehicle itself. BTW, the fuse panel is tilted and a support bracket runs thru it so hopefully, you can orient the picture properly, if it is the same as yours.

Also, I found an online 2008 Vue online manual at:

http://www.vadengmpp.com/owners-manu...Saturn-Vue.pdf

I remember that my old 2006 Vue said to pull the IGN or Ignition fuse or something like that under the hood. I pulled it while pulling this Vue but the battery ran down after about 5-6 hours of towing. Then again, the 2002-7 Vue was a different animal.

The PWR/MODING fuse, when removed or switched, cuts all power coming into the interior cabin. Unfortunately, this includes the power port/cig lighter. What I did was have a power port installed on the face of the change compartment on the far left side and ran it straight to the battery. That way, I can use my brake assist while towing. This setup has worked well for me. I have towed the Captiva on 3 trips that were between 250 and 600 miles long over multiple days. I had no problems with the battery running down.

I did have intermittent connectivity problems with the umbilical cord between the RV and the Captiva on 2 of those trips. This affected the brake lights/turn signals on the rear of the Captiva. But Blue Ox replaced the cord even though it was out of warranty.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you. Towing behind an RV does present various challenges.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pwr_moding03022016.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	120334  
Old 03-03-2016, 12:19 PM   #20

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the photo and information. You're right, the model year difference seems to have me without that label. I'll keep working at it, but this week I'm having a minor medical procedure, so I'm going to have to let it wait.

I do have the original owners's manual, but of course, it doesn't tell much. I'm not ready to travel for a few weeks, so I'll just take it as it goes.

Thanks again for the help.

Tom