Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2022, 04:42 PM   #1

Help identifying a tow dolly

So I bought an older tow dolly but I can't find any identifiers on it. It looks like a tow master or that other one ultra tow or whatever but they seem to all look the same.

Could I get someone more knowledgeable than me to identify this guy? I need to order wheel bearings for it. Tried to match them up at oreilleys but no luck.

Thank you on advance!

I'm not sure how to post pics on here...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/AW86A87J2DqtZqBVA

There we go

If you need more photos I can take more.
Ricmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2022, 08:43 PM   #2

Have you checked the axle for a rating sticker. Any trailer place should have the parts to match up. Sorry, I cant help with the manufacturer.
sandwip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:16 AM   #3

I don't think it's a Master Tow. Master Tow uses drilled holes for toad-to-dolly safety chain attachment rather than the tabs that project forward in your picture. Also, unless it's been repainted, I don't think they use that color scheme.
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 07:11 AM   #4

Take the race and bearing to a bearing supply store. You'll pay more that at the auto parts store, but it will probably be a Timken, SKF, or other name brand bearing not made in China.
Black Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 07:31 AM   #5

It looks like it could be homemade. Anyway, all bearings and seals have numbers stamed or etched into them. Just google them and it should bring up any number of possibilities. If you find them online do not buy the cheapest ones. I made that mistake on my front load washing machine and they did not last more than a month. I redone it with the higher priced ones 4 years ago and it's still running fine. The funny part of it was that the repair place told me the bearings were not replacable and I had to buy the complete tub.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:45 AM   #6

Definitely repainted. I don't think it's homemade. It could be but unlikely. Just think it's an older one. You can see where the factory stickers were and they match where mastertow or stehl put them.

But thank you guys for the responses
Ricmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:09 PM   #7

Mastertow also does not use that U-shaped bracket where the two parts of the tongue pin together. Also, the lip on the front of the pan goes up, not down. Hope this helps you narrow the search.
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 01:40 PM   #8

Try NAPA
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 08:49 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Ignore the brand of tow dolly. Find the axle maker, and then you can get bearings. And it's for sure not a Master Tow Dolly. I have one.
Old 01-29-2022, 08:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hills View Post
Take the race and bearing to a bearing supply store. You'll pay more that at the auto parts store, but it will probably be a Timken, SKF, or other name brand bearing not made in China.
This is the only way to buy bearings. Do not buy China or Korea!!
Weeds636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 09:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by David 70 View Post
Anyway, all bearings and seals have numbers stamed or etched into them. Just google them and it should bring up any number of possibilities. If you find them online do not buy the cheapest ones. I made that mistake on my front load washing machine and they did not last more than a month. I redone it with the higher priced ones 4 years ago and it's still running fine. The funny part of it was that the repair place told me the bearings were not replacable and I had to buy the complete tub.

This^^^^ I have never seen a bearing yet that couldn't be matched by number or by measuring. Try a good bearing store and you should be all set.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 09:08 PM   #12
Community Moderator

Anybody's guess.......do you really want to refurbish and keep it?

Tags
tow, tow dolly, dolly