RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-03-2019, 09:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
We, too, have the same tow bar set up & have been using it since 2006. The only thing we do differently is, after everything is hooked up, I put the car in reverse & back up, instead of driving the coach away. Sometimes I turn the steering wheel in one direction or the other depending on which side I'm off center towards. Backing up the car normally locks the bars in place. If for some reason it doesn't, then doing the slow pulling away with the S pattern does the trick.

Lori-
This ^
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2019, 10:43 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
One thing I didn't see mentioned is that even with the "all-terrain" moniker on the Roadmaster Falcon, it will still occasionally bind up at the attachment knucles when I'm trying to disconnect, especially if the car and MH are not pefectly aligned when I go to disconnect. Should this happen to you, I find that releasing the parking brake, and spinning the steering wheel left or right to the stops, will release the tension that is causing the knucle in question to bind up. Just be sure to reset parking brake and put it into park before disconeccting!
With a little experience, you will be able to tell which way to spin the stearing wheel by looking at the knucles and you can see it "cocked" a bit one way or another, causing it to "bind". Just spin the steering wheel towards the area where it appears to be in a bind, look to the car side to see.

By the way, just had my tow bar serviced at Roadmaster factory for a nominal fee of $75. I just happened to be within 15 miles of them visiting family. After ssix years and 75k plus towing miles, it showed no appreciable wear and required no replacement parts other thann bushings to bring it back to factory spec. Great product, great people. I believe they will perform the same service for bars shipped to them, you just have to call first and have theopen a work order for you.

Safe traavels!
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow