Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2017, 03:56 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyzforme View Post
How is the power for a 2.4L 4 cylinder. Haven't test drove one yet. The wife likes it so going to buy her one. She doesn't like the miata I bought to tow behind so it will be up for sale soon.
I'm presently surprised at the power. It's a lot better than my '08 Civic w/1.8L I-4 but not as good as the '05 Ody with it's 3.5L V-6. In fact, most of the time I run with the CR-V's Economy mode on.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2017, 04:45 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We're into our 3rd year towing a 2005 CRV which is also the Navigator's daily driver. The CRV replaced a 98 Accord that we also towed. Drove the wheels off the Accord.

Our CRV doesn't have a Nav system so I can't directly comment on such other than what I've read concerning battery depletion. I would pass on AWD. Nothing wrong with it other than it does reduce the vehicle mileage or maybe the Navigator's right foot is a bit on the heavy side. Leather seats are easier to keep clean and if you live or travel to colder areas of the country heated seats are a nice option to have. Great reliable engine with plenty of power. Wore out the second gear clutch pack on the Accord at 215K miles. Probably could are overhauled it but wanted something newer after driving it for 17 years.

Great vehicle for it's size, weight and cost of ownership. Don't know of any model year built before the constant velocity transmission that isn't four down towable.
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:31 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Honda CR-V Toad Question

I have the EX-L AWD w/Nav. We use it often and like having the map show while driving to see the lay of the land, so to speak. You also can control many other things from the touch screen. Econo mode is good enough for us in most situations. With the FuseMaster to disconnect the fuse, we have never had a battery problem, even towing 8 hours for two days in a row. We have the standard battery but will upgrade to the Odyssey battery mentioned above when I need to change batteries. It tows like a dream!
Old 01-02-2017, 07:40 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 2007 CRV with nav. It has been a great tow vehicle. I just feed 12 volt power from my coach to the CRV and never had a battery issue. I now have 100k on the odometer and have towed it 15K miles.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:40 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Been towing a 2006 AWD since April 2006. 105,000 on the odometer and another 60,000 towing. On my 3rd set of tires and 2nd set of brakes. Had both rear axle bearings replaced at 90,000 but no other repairs required. Had to replace the battery but have since installed a Toad Charge and all is good.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
honda, toad