Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #1

How to adjust a brake buddy ?

Here's what I got a H3 hummer the paper work says that u should set the air pressure At about 85 lbs when I do that it locks up the brakes so I toke it for a ride while the brake buddy was in the H3 between my feet not easy but i did it using the test button I had to adjust the air down to about 12 lbs in order for it to me stop the car like a trail would with brakes so is this the right way to do this
Randy blase is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #2

My toad is a Wrangler. 60 psi. Sensitivity 4.

When the car is running the vac brake assist will stop the car with less pressure. Not a good test.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #3

After engine is turned off, make sure to bleed the vacuum off (pump the brakes 6 or 8 times) or it WILL Lock up.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
The Brake Buddy is designed to work with no power assist in the brake pedal. You can't test it with the engine running because the power brakes will function, over powering the brake pedal. With engine off, you should push the test button enough times (6-8) to bleed off the vacuum assist. I do it to ensure that the pedal clamp is securely in place and to bleed the vacuum. I've tested the BB's sensitivity by positioning it on the passenger seat floor and driving to see how much deceleration is required to trigger it, but you can't test the braking pressure with any vacuum left in the brake booster. Start with the recommended settings and tow it around the block. You could have someone ride in the passenger seat to report if it's braking too hard, but that's the only way.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #5

That's what I'm doing wrong forgot that step I will give it a try thanks for the input
Randy blase is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake