Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2018, 07:42 AM   #169

Thanks. I’m on the road and can’t reallly do a lot research. Appreciate the input.

I ask FMCA to do some digging on this.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2018, 07:46 AM   #170

Jeep GRAND Cherokee death wobble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
Looking at that part number and the part superscedence history, it appears this is the kit for the Cherokee not the Grand Cherokee as the fitment is for model years 2014-2018. The Grand Cherokee did not have EPS until the 2016 MY. I don't believe this kit has anything to do with Grand Cherokee.
jt

FMCA has confirmed your info. Apparently it’s for the Cherokee. I’ll try to call corporate for some more details.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:28 AM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by lass View Post
FMCA has confirmed your info. Apparently it’s for the Cherokee. I’ll try to call corporate for some more details.
I just got back from dealer although the note said Grand Cherokee I asked him to check part #. Its for the Cherokee as you previously stated. A bummer!!. I was excited with the news but proved incorrect.
esaulten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:51 AM   #172

We wait [emoji25]
Old 06-29-2018, 02:43 PM   #173

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Not the first time I've heard this; I believe there were posts a few years ago where a dealer service dept told a GC customer about the wobble-fix-kit. (this forum?)

Over in (KL) Cherokee land there's a lot of talk about the wobble-fix-kit not being needed on the 2019 KL's. The way the new TSB reads is that the kit applied to MY 2014-2018 and not to the 2019's. Could it be that the GC for 2019 has a similar change?
Old 06-30-2018, 06:53 AM   #174

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Thanks. I’m on the road and can’t reallly do a lot research. Appreciate the input.

I ask FMCA to do some digging on this.
Lass ... are you towing your JL? If so what system did you wind up going with? We pulled ours 400 miles yesterday using the CoolTech harness with no observed issues.

We sat through a 2-hour delay on I-75 just south of Wildwood ... did you get caught in that?

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:59 AM   #175

Steve. I’m on I-95 in Virginia visiting my daughter but we don’t have the RV with us.

As for the harness, its now scheduled for release in the next 2 weeks so I’m waiting. If it doesn’t do the steering I’ll go with the CoolTech.

I also got the new air lines for the AF1 and will install it when we get home later this month.

Las
Old 07-20-2018, 04:36 AM   #176

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
As for the harness, its now scheduled for release in the next 2 weeks so I’m waiting. If it doesn’t do the steering I’ll go with the CoolTech.

I also got the new air lines for the AF1 and will install it when we get home later this month.

Las
Lass … what's the latest on the Mopar Harness?

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:16 AM   #177

Steve. First to clarify. My contact is the Mopar dealer direct line and as of last week they’re telling the date moved to August 1 but are still saying that the harness will tie into the EPS. Again, we’ll see. Time frame doesn’t really matter because I don’t need it for the rest of the year. We’re doing close local trips and DW follows me.

I’m ordering the front bra and the cover for the front portion of the hood. Let me know if you need PN’ s.

The coach is at Independence RV getting all new furniture supplied by Newmar. Real Ultra Leather in place of the generic.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:19 AM   #178

Steve. I just now realized the we are talking about the Wrangler JL harness on the Grand Cherokee thread.

So to avoid any confusion, let’s get back to the other thread.

We do not have any updates on the Grand Cherokee wobble. Jeep is ignoring our requests.

Las
Old 07-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #179
Commercial Member

Quote:
My contact is the Mopar dealer direct line and as of last week they’re telling the date moved to August 1 but are still saying that the harness will tie into the EPS.
Your contact is either an idiot or telling you what you want to hear. A Mopar "Dealer" will NOT have any information on a product that has not been released from engineering... that's kind of the whole idea. Until the engineering is completed, details are not provided to dealers.

You continue to drag the Wrangler JL into the discussion of wobble - and this is about as far-fetched as you can get. As INFORMED people know - and I would hope that includes yourself, the "wobble" for Cherokees and GC's was a result of the OEM transitioning from HYDRAULIC to ELECTRONIC power steering. The Jeep Wranglers - TJ (1996-2006), JK (2007-2018), and JL (2018+) have ALWAYS been HYDRAULIC steering. The only difference is that in the JL, Jeep is using an electric motor to drive the hydraulic pump instead of a belt off of the engine. Jeep does not call this EPS. They refer to it as Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering or EHPS.

As this thread is focused on the Cherokee's - we should debate elsewhere if you are so inclined but I assure you that the Wrangler information you are allegedly getting is very, very, misinformed.
CoolTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:07 AM   #180

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nota4re View Post
Your contact is either an idiot or telling you what you want to hear. A Mopar "Dealer" will NOT have any information on a product that has not been released from engineering... that's kind of the whole idea. Until the engineering is completed, details are not provided to dealers.

You continue to drag the Wrangler JL into the discussion of wobble - and this is about as far-fetched as you can get. As INFORMED people know - and I would hope that includes yourself, the "wobble" for Cherokees and GC's was a result of the OEM transitioning from HYDRAULIC to ELECTRONIC power steering. The Jeep Wranglers - TJ (1996-2006), JK (2007-2018), and JL (2018+) have ALWAYS been HYDRAULIC steering. The only difference is that in the JL, Jeep is using an electric motor to drive the hydraulic pump instead of a belt off of the engine. Jeep does not call this EPS. They refer to it as Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering or EHPS.

As this thread is focused on the Cherokee's - we should debate elsewhere if you are so inclined but I assure you that the Wrangler information you are allegedly getting is very, very, misinformed.
You are correct in the technical facts you provided.

However the relevance of the Wrangler JL is not that the OP "drag[ed] the Wrangler JL into the discussion" is not quite relevant. As you'll see if you read thru this forum, some do refer to the Elec/Hyd PS of cars like the JL as "EPS" and this has been mentioned and discussed before. I agree, as many do, that there's a significant difference, especially regarding use as a 'toad'.

I do not know if you know it, but back earlier in this thread, the JL was mentioned, along with other vehicles, as a trade-in solution many have taken (or proposed) as their solution to the GC wobble issue.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:08 AM   #181

Well, you certainly have an opinion and I’m sharing mine. The post was addressed to Steve but you also feel compelled to share yours which is fine except for the tone and saying that Jeep is lying. What part of “we’ll see” don’t you understand. I’m willing to wait and find out if it’s true and IF it ties into the EPS than that is what I want installed. Wobble or not I’ll just use the harness for signal and brake lights. By the way the information is also being posted on the JL Wrangler forum but for some reason, CoolTech pushes back on the report. They must know more than we do.

You recently joined the forum with a limited profile and post only about the JL harness. Why.

Ironic but while reading some of the Ford GT forums, your avatar “not4re” comes up as being associated with CoolTech and since you are such an advocate, I need to ask. Do you work for them now or in the past.

In my 6 years on this form I have never argued with a member and will no longer respond to your post.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #182

Newmar Owners Club
Confusing thread, however, we just ordered a Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL, do I need to be on the look out for 'death wobble' or not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote