Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2021, 05:17 PM   #15

Yeah, it would be great if it's a non-issue or there is a tow set up we can use that would make this all a non-issue. It was actually the sales manager at Jeep that said we might want to skip the Advanced Saftey Group if we were planning on towing the Jeep. He mentioned that the sensors can be tricked with the extra hardware being added to the Jeep. I posted in another RV Frourm and someone replied with this. (Did not want to post the link to another forum etc)

"Yes, we had this issue on our 2019 Cherokee. It's the forward parking sensors, they get tricked by your protruding baseplate arms and always think there is something close. A few times while driving, the forward collision mitigation thought there was something in front of us and hit the brakes - hard"

Thanks
Cardiff RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2021, 04:21 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff RV View Post
Yeah, it would be great if it's a non-issue or there is a tow set up we can use that would make this all a non-issue. It was actually the sales manager at Jeep that said we might want to skip the Advanced Saftey Group if we were planning on towing the Jeep. He mentioned that the sensors can be tricked with the extra hardware being added to the Jeep. I posted in another RV Frourm and someone replied with this. (Did not want to post the link to another forum etc)

"Yes, we had this issue on our 2019 Cherokee. It's the forward parking sensors, they get tricked by your protruding baseplate arms and always think there is something close. A few times while driving, the forward collision mitigation thought there was something in front of us and hit the brakes - hard"

Thanks

Key word is protruding. The Demco baseplate's arms (actually no arms, but rather sockets, as I mentioned above) are tucked below the bumper. Can't see how they would interfere with any sensors. I'll try to get a picture later this morning and post it.
Mickey

Mickey
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:25 AM   #17

Better than a photo, here's a video - you can see at around 30 seconds in where the sockets and all hookups are located.

https://youtu.be/A2YMGPKYHJY
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 04:57 PM   #18

That was helpful! It seems like any system that is not protruding out from the Jeep when not in use could be the best solution for this. I know some also allow you to remove the tabs when not in use, I think that was Blueox.
Cardiff RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:35 PM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Like I said on the other forum I replace the entire front bumper on 2020 Wrangler Rubicon with after market bumper from Rock Hard and I also have the advance safety group with adaptive cruise. There are no sensors in the from bumper, all there is fog lights wiring. The adaptive cruise and the forward crash sensors are located below the rear view mirror.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0429.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	420.3 KB
ID:	314296  
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:12 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I went with the Demco base plate for our 2021 Rubicon with stock steel bumper. No problem with any sensors.
For Fun: 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
DNies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:34 PM   #21

Didn't read all of the replies. If the Jeep ignition is off for towing as it should be those sensors will not be on and should not cause a problem.

Tags
jeep, safety