Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2017, 11:18 PM   #1

Kendon motorcycle trailers

I'm curious to know if anyone is towing their motorcycles using a Kendon trailer. We are considering towing our Harley's behind a class A but I'm not certain how much of a beating the bikes will have to take in an open trailer. Your experiences would be helpful, thanks.
Kevin
Mccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2017, 11:41 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Conchasjim Send a message via Yahoo to Conchasjim
Towed many a miles on a Kendon 2 bike trailer with Harley Road Kings on each side with no problems. Went to Sturgis from NM over ten years this way. I always covered them real good to avoid the diesel soot all over the bikes.
Conchasjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:12 AM   #3

Thank you very much for the input.
Mccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conchasjim View Post
Towed many a miles on a Kendon 2 bike trailer with Harley Road Kings on each side with no problems. Went to Sturgis from NM over ten years this way. I always covered them real good to avoid the diesel soot all over the bikes.
Conchasjim,
Would you share with us what type cover you used?
I ask because I've had bad things happen to paint from the wind and covers in the past.

Thanks
Dtw
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:10 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We also used a Kendon trailer before upgrading to an enclosed trailer. Only down side to the Kendon for us was our bike was out in the elements and quite often ended up dusty or wet when we arrived at our destination. Once we replaced it with an Excalibur enclosed trailer we really appreciated the protection from the elements and possible vandals it provided. But the Excalibur took up a lot more space in our garage than the Kendon ever did!
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:23 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
I have towed a Road King and Softail in an open Kendon trailer behind a Ford F250 without a problem. Conventional wisdom is not to cover the bikes. The cover can damage the paint on the bikes( flapping in the wind). I gave them a good coat of wax and towed 1800 miles to Sturgis and back without a problem.
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Russtj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:21 AM   #7

I towed a big BMW (850 lbs) on a Kendon for a lot of miles with zero problems. One time a guy swerved into my lane and when I jerked the steering wheel to avoid a crash, I watched the trailer and bike lift up 45° one way and then the other and then settle down. No damage to bike or trailer. I was impressed.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:41 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Conchasjim Send a message via Yahoo to Conchasjim
I've used Sknz neoprene covers for the last 10yrs. Never had any rub marks or scratched paint. I have a custom paint job on my current bike and the cover fits perfect and stays put in the harshest conditions. Another nice feature is you can throw them in the washing machine to get all that diesel soot off after a trip. I go to the laundry mat and use their big machines. They make a special trailerable cover, but mine are not. Here's their website, SKN-IT.com. Ph 1-888-550-5569. If your needing one for a road king, I have one I'd sale.

(ATTACH]159029[/ATTACH)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0577.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	790.9 KB
ID:	159029  
Conchasjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:05 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conchasjim View Post
I've used Sknz neoprene covers for the last 10yrs. Never had any rub marks or scratched paint. I have a custom paint job on my current bike and the cover fits perfect and stays put in the harshest conditions. Another nice feature is you can throw them in the washing machine to get all that diesel soot off after a trip. I go to the laundry mat and use their big machines. They make a special trailerable cover, but mine are not. Here's their website, SKN-IT.com. Ph 1-888-550-5569. If your needing one for a road king, I have one I'd sale.

(ATTACH]159029[/ATTACH)

Good to hear and I appreciate the info. Thanks!
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Russtj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:33 AM   #10

Also have a 2-bike Kendon trailer, well-built, never had any problem, with 2 sport bikes (Kawa & Suzuki). Covers are from Nelson-Rigg https://goo.gl/1vpDYC great for sport (or dual-sport) bikes. Good price. Durable, UV & water resistant, no moisture/condensation, fits well the bike on a trailer (although would not fit a big cruiser).
voyaginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:54 PM   #11

New to me Kendon Trailer

Hi there. I just picked up a 2004 Kendon motorcycle trailer. I've been looking for manuals on how to properly service it. A couple of manuals say grease the fittings and O rings. Mine might be older and I don't see any fittings etc. Do I have to repack the bearings and is that an easy task for someone that hasn't turned a wrench in a very long time?

Thanks much

Doug
2020Ramguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:44 PM   #12
US1

I have a 2 place Kendon ('15ish) and not sure where you are reading about O-rings and grease zerks, cause there is no such critter on mine. Greasing the wheel bearings is about all the maintance that can be done, other than tires.

Tags
trailer