Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2023, 05:14 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Locking Hitch Pin

Does anyone know of a company that makes or sells a 3/4" diameter shaft locking hitch pin? All I can find are the 5/8" pins and those are too small for my clevises. I have 3/4" D-ring pins but would like to find locking ones if possible. This is for connecting our tow bar to our Roadmaster baseplate clevises.

Tried Roadmaster, Amazon, E-trailer, Curt, and others without success thus far.

Any help will be greatly appreciated; thanks!
RajTaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2023, 08:59 AM   #2

https://infiniterule.com/product/61082/

Found this with a quick search. Don’t know if they will work for you.
Fyrflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 12:41 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I drilled grade 8 bolts for Master Padlocks.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 12:44 PM   #4

Brian-

Are you are trying to make it so that no one (but you) can easily remove the pins that tie baseplate and towbar together? If so, Roadmaster has a solution to that problem; they sell a padlock set to replace the linch pins. The model number is 308. etrailer sells them (link here).

I used two padlocks for the pins, and two for the crossbar. That worked well for me.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 05:49 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrflie View Post
https://infiniterule.com/product/61082/

Found this with a quick search. Don’t know if they will work for you.
Saw these during my search...wrote to the company to see if they thought they would work for me but never heard back. Will try again.
Old 03-24-2023, 05:54 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1v3fr33ord1 View Post
Brian-

Are you are trying to make it so that no one (but you) can easily remove the pins that tie baseplate and towbar together? If so, Roadmaster has a solution to that problem; they sell a padlock set to replace the linch pins. The model number is 308. etrailer sells them (link here).

I used two padlocks for the pins, and two for the crossbar. That worked well for me.
Thank you very much, will look into these.

Goal is to both make removing the pins harder for someone else, and I just am not a fan of cotter pins at critical points in tow systems...had one fail while towing a rental trailer one time and would have lost the trailer if it were not for the safety chains.... don't care to have that happen with our Jeep.
Old 03-24-2023, 09:22 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajTaj View Post
Does anyone know of a company that makes or sells a 3/4" diameter shaft locking hitch pin? All I can find are the 5/8" pins and those are too small for my clevises. I have 3/4" D-ring pins but would like to find locking ones if possible. This is for connecting our tow bar to our Roadmaster baseplate clevises.

Tried Roadmaster, Amazon, E-trailer, Curt, and others without success thus far.

Any help will be greatly appreciated; thanks!
I tow my Jeep JK using the 3/4 inch D ring mounts on my winch bumper. I use the Roadmaster D ring adapters on a Demco tow bar. I sometimes just use a pad lock on the Roadmaster 3/4 inch clevis instead of the hitch pin. Look for a lock with hardened boron alloy shackle. These are much stronger than a regular pad lock shackle. I got mine from a locksmith.
Old 03-24-2023, 04:21 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the recommendation s!

Tags
hitch