RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:12 AM   #1

Looking for a Mini Cooper with manual transmission for a Toad.

We’re in mid SE Florida. Any help or leads appreciated

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2020, 08:26 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Try CarGurus.com

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...d436&zip=32904

I picked a Melbourne ZIP code and found 9 within 50 miles.

Take care,
Stu

Old 03-26-2020, 11:26 AM   #3

Only one was a manual trans. and it was $$$ Good lead though, thanks
Old 03-26-2020, 11:56 AM   #4

Just sold one, was a great car. 2002 base model 5speed, would have made a great toad. Removing the front bumper cover may look like a daunting task but it's quite simple once you figure it out.
Had to replace the radiator once which involves removing the front bumper cover, bumper structure, ac condenser etc. Only took about two hours to complete. My point is it's not a big deal to install a tow bar mount base if you can't find one set up to tow. Good luck in your search, I think you'll enjoy your new toad. As they say in the Mini world....Lets Motor!
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:59 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyringo View Post
Only one was a manual trans. and it was $$$ Good lead though, thanks
Hmmm?

The website allows for you to specify manual transmission only. That's what I input and the search showed 7 with manual transmission. I didn't look at each one. However, when I look at the firs six, just now, they're all manual transmission????

Anyway, good luck with your search.

Take care,
Stu
Old 03-27-2020, 02:14 PM   #6

In addition to cargurus that 777 recommended, also check:
autotrader.com
cars.com (though mostly dealers list here)
Craigslist
local Mini dealers (if looking for a car < 5 years old or so)
jerome951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:44 PM   #7

Just bought one

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyringo View Post
We’re in mid SE Florida. Any help or leads appreciated
I looked for several weeks and finally purchased one we found on Auto Trader. I'm in California but searched nation wide because there is not all that many with manual transmission. My findings were the best prices were in Florida and Texas.
Facebook market place is another good place to look. Good options came up but they only allowed to search county by county so it took a lot of time. Both allowed to filter for manual tranny and other options we wanted.

After a lot of research I discovered BMW did a re-design in 2014 and we ended up with a 2014 Mini Cooper S 2 door hatchback. Turned out Roadmaster is the only company offering a baseplate for the S model so that is what we went with. Also the Roadmaster Falcon II tow bar and Roadmaster diode light kit.

Install was time consuming but Roadmaster has a Youtube video specific for the Mini which made it easy.

The only thing I wish we would have researched more was the tow bar. Ready Brake offers one with a built in Surge brake that would have been nice and cost saving.
vseasport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:08 AM   #8

One more tidbit for thought....
When I was researching Mini Coopers last year, I learned that the 2008-2013 can have serious engine issues with rapidly-wearing chain guides and other problems, necessitating expensive repairs. These issues were mostly addressed with the engine redesign in 2014.

Good luck in your search...
jerome951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:31 AM   #9

What model are you looking for?
We picked up our R59 (Roadster S) via Carmax. It was in North Carolina and we paid to have it shipped to us in Clearwater.

Also if you are on Facebook. There is a Site Mini Buy, Sell, Trade where cars are posted daily.

2005 switched transmissions in the Non-S cars to Getrag which you will find on the S cars from the same time only these are 6-speed. I would tell you to look for an S car for the fun factor although the current S we have is our first of 3 Mini’s. 2008-2012ish weren’t the engine that people were all excited with (N14, I believe.)
Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM   #10

Check offleaseonly.com they usually have a few. I live in WPB and did the baseplate and light adapters myself. They are a blast to drive!

nomoreosama is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, toad, transmission