Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2015, 03:52 PM   #1

Looking for a new Toad...

I need to but a new car very soon my 1998 car is about ready to be retired. I would like something that is small, can be towed flat and towing will not void the factory/manufacturer warranty.

I am trying to find one that is easy. Like not having to disconect battery or remove fuses, or run the car for a bit every hour. Every car i find seem to have those kinda issues.

I would like something that i can just hook up and drive?

Is there a car that fits my needs????
TIA
Karlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2015, 04:09 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
We have enjoyed our 2014 Jeep Cherokee. Super easy to setup for towing, no fuses etc.

If you would consider this car you need to make sure you get the correct transmission choice. It is the active drive 2 that you need.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:13 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
2005 chevy Colorado is easy we have a reg. cab and it is all push button to get the transfer case in neutral. Hook up and go!!
Old 10-01-2015, 04:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-n-L View Post

It is the active drive 2 that you need.
Thank you. I am looking in to that now. Do you have the 4wd and what trim package?
Old 10-01-2015, 04:33 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
Wrangler 2dr or 4dr automatic trans would be my recommendation. 2012 or newer to get the good motor. hope this helps - mark
MCJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 04:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJones View Post
Wrangler 2dr or 4dr automatic trans would be my recommendation. 2012 or newer to get the good motor. hope this helps - mark
Thank you I will be looking at Jeeps this weekend.
KK
Old 10-01-2015, 04:49 PM   #7

Good luck on the hunt Karlak..I love my HHR, 2008 year, tows like it isnt even there, and with a nice Vantech roof rack, it adds a lot of carrying capacity for things that are too big to fit inside and can be outside..

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Chevy-la...ds=hhr+vantech

I can carry a canoe or a couple kayaks on top of it.

It takes a couple seconds to pull the fuse on the easy accessed side panel on the center console...sometimes if Im only going a few hours I just leave it in, and make sure everything is off as far as accessories go...always starts right up.

Its a good car for cruising around towns with 25 mpg and its narrow size it fits anywhere..like a golf cart on steroids!LOL

Cheers!
Dave
floridave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 05:23 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I towed a jeep wrangler tj for awhile and it was fine to tow but not a very good every day driver. Rough ride, not much room inside, small gas tank and bad gas mileage. I will never own a wrangler again.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:57 PM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
Two words; Jeep Wrangler.

Jerry
Old 10-01-2015, 06:59 PM   #10

We tow a Chevrolet Equinox, easy, pull one fuse, place in N, key one click and go.
We have towed a Jeep Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, Isuzu Amigo, and VW Rabbit all good tow vehicles, all towed 4 down.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:20 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
We tow a 2013 Honda CRV. It is sufficient and easy to tow.
katiejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:33 PM   #12

I don't think anything could be easier than a Wrangler. I had a 2009 Rubicon with the soft top and it was rough and loud. My 2011 Sport with a hard top and Goodyear Wrangler tires is quite and much smoother.
Jmills1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:35 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
We tow a Chevrolet Equinox, easy, pull one fuse, place in N, key one click and go.

We have towed a Jeep Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, Isuzu Amigo, and VW Rabbit all good tow vehicles, all towed 4 down.

Can you tell us a little more. I was wanting to get a newer vehicle too real soon with the thought of it becoming a toad. What year and how much does it weigh? Any particular transmission model?

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-01-2015, 07:37 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post

How does your equinox rank against the others?

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Tags
toad