Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mini Cooper tow dolly

Looking for a tow dolly for mini cooper, very low ground clearance, has anyone used a stehl dolly for a mini cooper, I located a used one at a fair price.
sevenmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #2

Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I do not have an answer. I wanted to reply to follow this post. I am preparing to order a Mini Cooper next week and am very interested in tow dolly requirements.
Chickenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I tow my 2003 Mini (Auto Transmission) on a Demco Kar Kaddy SS tow dolly with surge brakes, works like a charm.
I have seen numerous manual transmission Mini's be towed 4 wheels down, Roadmaster for sure makes Tow Bar mounting brackets for Mini's.

Spike
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #4

Why not just put a handle on the roof of the mini cooper and set it inside MH when traveling.
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I used an American Tow Dolly for the short time I towed a 2006 MINI S with JCW body kit. The American tow dolly has removable ramps and comes with electric brakes. It's also has one of the best prices out there and they will deliver it. Now with our Mini I did have to put a couple of 2X6 short pieces of board in from of each ramp so the body kit would clear. Should be alright for a Mini without a body kit. Google American Tow Dolly and check out their website.
fatguy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
I don't use a tow dolly - I tow mine all wheels down - and as "they say" you can't tell it's back there. In my humble opinion it is a great car and fun to drive.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the info., I bought an american tow dolly
sevenmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:44 PM   #8

Mini Cooper towed on Car Kaddy SS concerns?

I know this is an old thread but I am considering buying a used Karkaddy SS to tow my 2014 Mini Cooper. Just wondering, Spike, if you recommend it since that is what you use or have used in the past? Thanks!
gogogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 04:56 PM   #9

Mini Cooper Automatic AWD - is it even possible to TOAD?

I've got an option to buy a really clean 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman for really cheap. We'd be wanting to use it as a TOAD, but it's an automatic, not a manual (RATS!). Further, I'm checking, but it may be an AWD (All Wheel Drive) as well. Is anyone using a car like that as a TOAD? If so, how?

THANKS VERY MUCH!
Dave
velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 05:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenmacs View Post
Looking for a tow dolly for mini cooper, very low ground clearance, has anyone used a stehl dolly for a mini cooper, I located a used one at a fair price.
Yes, for over 10,000 miles, works great
Rockerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 05:43 AM   #11

I dolly a Mini Cooper
Rockerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 12:14 PM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogogurl View Post
I know this is an old thread but I am considering buying a used Karkaddy SS to tow my 2014 Mini Cooper. Just wondering, Spike, if you recommend it since that is what you use or have used in the past? Thanks!
It's better to start your own thread. This one is over 11 years old, and "Spike" hasn't been visible on this forum since July last year.