Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-29-2016, 05:58 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Our brake buddy has worked perfectly..
Ez to connect, one button to push to calibrate it, and GO !

one time I had it sitting in the passenger seat for some reason and had to slam on the brakes in the jeep...
I was STUNNED when the brake arm SHOT out ! thank goodness it was pointed forward or it would have come flying across the console

I read up on it later and learned it has an inertia sensor as well as a trigger sensor from the coach ! I like our lil red teapot !
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-29-2016, 06:49 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don't forget to check out the "Toads and MH Towing" blog here at the forum. It has many additional insights on all things towed.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:47 PM   #17

Toad brake

Love the RVI brake. Simple, compact, easy to set up, remote is standard, customizeable as to weight of toad and amount of braking desired. Last and not least, great customer service and advice. PS can also add remote tire pressure monitoring at a small cost.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rguild View Post
I just purchased a Fleetwood Bounder in January and a Jeep Patriot tow car last week so I'm new to this. I understand I need an auxiliary braking system and have looked at the Blue Ox Patriot and the Roadmaster Invisibrake.

I have read horror stories about both applying the tow car brakes at the wrong time and ruining tires and brakes. I am a novice at this and would much prefer the additional cost of an expert installation to the risk of vehicle damage.

The RV dealer handles Blue Ox, the dealer currently has the coach to correct punch list items and it would be easiest for me, a singe guy, to drive the Jeep to the dealership and have the installation done there. However, I don't want to purchase a Blue Ox Patriot if it has a bad reputation for malfunctioning.

Please please let me know your thoughts and experiences in this matter.
I had the Invisibrake installed on my 98 Honda Accord 3 years ago and in a good down pour on I-84 the light on the dash started going on and off and being new to the system did not know what was going on but never had a problem after that, but I do not drive in down pours any more, learned my lesson on I-5. I was going to pull it and install on my Ford Edge but after reading about the problems here, I went with the Air Force One but if you have a gas rig for a few bucks more you can get the SMI Stay-In- Play a better system. Why would you jump out of the pan into the fire getting the Invisibrake
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:44 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
We've been using Ready Brute & Ready Brake since 08. First 3 years on 5th wheel, since 2011 on the motorhome. Pulling Jeep Liberty whole time. Very simple and very satisfied.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:38 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am equipping a 2005 Jeep TJ now to pull behind my RV. I am a newby and a question I have is concerns plugging in the brake into the toad for power are there any issues running the battery down?
Old 03-05-2016, 08:00 AM   #21
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer1 View Post
Look at NSA RV Products - Ready Brake and Ready Brute Home. Been using it for years with my Wrangler. It's a surge brake with 1 cable to connect when ready to tow. Now in process of setting up wife's Liberty the same way.

I don't see why anyone would want anything else!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, ems