Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #1

This is the last piece of the puzzle for me in installing a tow brake and light wiring in my 07 VUE.
I am doing the wiring of the brake/turn signal/tail lights with the blocking diodes from Blue Ox using their instructions. I have, through lots of investigative effort, located and installed the left and right brake/turn signal diodes(yellow and green wires from trailer harness to light blue wires in Saturn harness). All that is needed is to finish this is to find the brown Saturn tail light wires to install the last diode. I started at the rear left door, found the brown left tail light and license plate light wires but not the right tail light supply wire. So I moved to the larger harness at the drivers seat thinking that all the needed wires were there. Unfortunately, all I could find was only the license plate supply wire. I could not even find the left tail light wires.
SO, the question is, can someone who has done their own installation or knows how the installation was done, please look at where the diodes for the tail lights is installed in their 05-07 Saturn VUE and let me know where it is located? Remember, this is the brown tail light wires that illuminate the tail light when the headlights/tail lights are turned on for night driving.

Thank you in advance for the help.
RV 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2007, 01:23 AM   #2
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have you looked at the left tail light? Many times the right tail light will be jumpered at the left tail light socket rather than a long independent wire run to the right side.

I installed my diodes near the light assemblies.

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:21 AM   #3
paz

RV 4 2, I installed the diodes for the left lights in the jack compartment on my '06 Vue. The jack is located right behind the left light and the wiring for the light runs right through the jack compartment.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:41 AM   #4

Update: I was able to talk to an installer that uses diodes at the place I bought my tow brake. His method was like what you suggested paz. He uses 4 diodes, 2 on each side and connects them just inside the body right next to the tail lights. In the Jack area on the left and behind the wall panel on the right. So that is what I did. SO far everythign works and it is done. The final test will be when I connect it to the coach and see what happens.
Thanks all for the help and suggestions.
RV 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote