Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2020, 03:59 PM   #1

New From Florida: '20 Jeep Brake System Wiring Question

Hi, just got a 2020 Jeep Wrangler and setting it up to tow behind Winnie. Can anyone tell me where you breached the firewall to wire the Brake system plug
Debkimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2020, 04:04 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:34 PM   #3

What aux brake system are you trying to install? If memory serves me on my 2018 there is already a penetration in the firewall. I’ll look in the morning, already showered and too lazy to go look right now.

On a side note Etrailer has a lot of how to videos on their website.
Vongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:40 PM   #4

New From Florida: '20 Jeep Brake System Wiring Question

I don’t know if it’s the same as the JK. In the 2014 (JK) there is a rubber grommet near the upper drivers side. This is where the hose feeds through that sends washer fluid to the back window. Pop out that grommet which is about 1-2 inches in size. Then poke a hole in that grommet for your wire. I used a metal coat hangar to push through the grommet. Then the coat hangar comes out inside the cab near the interior fuse panel. Tape your wires to the coat hanger and pull them through into the cab.Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	486.2 KB
ID:	295174

31ft Dutchmen Royal Classic
Rob Hentges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:27 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debkimble View Post
Hi, just got a 2020 Jeep Wrangler and setting it up to tow behind Winnie. Can anyone tell me where you breached the firewall to wire the Brake system plug
On the driver side, there’s a circular plug with fins. It will twist out. Pop a hole in it, thread the wire through and twist it back into place.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:26 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex00 View Post
On the driver side, there’s a circular plug with fins. It will twist out. Pop a hole in it, thread the wire through and twist it back into place.
^ This! I routed my constant 12v power source, and breakaway wire through this opening in our 2020 Gladiator, which is the same as a Wrangler. Easier than the 2016 JK was.
FYI, the new generation 2018+ Wranglers/Gladiators have a "sleep mode". Even though a 12v power outlet may seem hot when you shut the Jeep off, it will go to sleep after (I think) 15 minutes or so. That is why I ran a constant hot outlet direct to the battery for my RVi3 brake system.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:00 PM   #7

In my 2012 and 2014 wranglers, the 12v outlet in the center console is hot all the time.

31ft Dutchmen Royal Classic
Rob Hentges is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, new member, jeep, brake, wiring