Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2018, 09:02 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
New Toad

I just bought older Geo Tracker (1987) complete with tow bracket.and lights wired into tail lights. seller just spent $3200 on it in last yr on new clutch.,exhaust,brakes.windshield. we got it for $1200 . I was trying to rebuild a 2002 Tracker,but this is rust free.so gave the 02 to a few boys to play with on there farm.
our Itasca came with a tow bar set up ,so will hook it up and take for test drive this week. son bought us a wireless camera to keep a eye on whats behind.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	left side.png
Views:	52
Size:	1,005.0 KB
ID:	215838   Click image for larger version

Name:	frt hitch .png
Views:	53
Size:	920.0 KB
ID:	215839  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2018, 09:09 PM   #2

Nice find. I used to have a '95 Sidekick, but gave it away as a hand me down about 15 years ago. It was a decent little 4X4, no power, no top end, but it was great for running errands in all weather conditions. Rag top model. Manual locking hubs, but I left them locked all the time, just in case. Great gas mileage was the biggest benefit in a small 4X4.
I've dry camped in the FJ and the Walmart in Whitecourt. 2 years ago in September. Thanks for having one of each.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:22 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
new toad

we had hoped to spend some time in Beavercreek Yukon this summer. my wife was born and raised up there. but I cant find a air filter for the Itasca and don't want to go on that dusty road again with a original 1992 Filter. we went up there on a quick 2 week trip 2 yrs ago with our GMC Envoy pulling a 8 ft Scooter camper. we have been invited up to help run a RV Camp and motel and gas station..so the Tracker will be used to run around and explore the old mining roads. I will add a winch before we go too.now will be next yr if can find a air filter.here is pic of the last Yukon Caravan...lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beaver creek 2016 018.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	272.6 KB
ID:	215842  
Old 08-20-2018, 09:31 PM   #4

We also stayed overnight at the RV campground in Beaver Creek (Beaver Creek RV Park and Motel) on our way home. We started in Homer, AK that morning and did an all day "run to the border". We were bushed and just needed a place to park it for the night. It was the one across the highway from the tourist info place. East side of the road if I recall correctly. It was after dark, we cleared CBSA, and the lights were on in the office there, so we stopped and got a site for the night.

Tags
toad