Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2021, 02:21 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
New Wagoneer/ Grand Wagoneer

Just incase anyone is interested.

I reach out to Jeep about flat towing. They responded by saying "the vehicle is able to be flat towed if equipped with the Four Wheel Drive models with 4WD LOW Range".

Just have to wait for base plates, lighting packages, and an extra $100K.
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2021, 12:56 PM   #2

I would take that with a grain of salt given what happened with the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee needing a wiring kit to power the EPS system prevent death wobble, and the fact it took them something like 5 years to release the kit for the Grand Cherokee (just came out last month) where the nearly identical Cherokee wiring kit came out within a year or so.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 07:01 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you live in Washington, go ahead and get serial #1. Call Roadmaster and drop the Jeep off with them so they can take it apart and fabricate the first base plate and they usually give it to you for free.
Old 12-18-2021, 04:36 PM   #4

I called Blue Ox yesterday and inquired about a base plate for the Wagoneer or the Grand Wagoneer. Blue Ox has a prototype base plate for the Wagoneer now. The 4x4 model can be towed 4 down. Does anybody know about having to disconnect battery cable or removing a fuse and what do you have to do about the key fob? The death wobble is of concern too. What made the other Jeep models subject to death wobble?
Old 02-08-2022, 07:36 PM   #5

Wagoner/grand wagoneer

Which models are 4x4 and flat towable.
Old 07-22-2022, 04:34 PM   #6

Well, I have a 2022 Wagoneer Series III. I just installed the
Blue Ox Base Plate Kit #BLU66XR. Install was fairly simple and only took 2 hours. (That was taking my time and being extremely careful). I'm now at the point of trying to wire in the tailights/turnsignals. I have not towed the vehicle yet. So, I do not know how it handles or if it will have the death wobble that was previously mentioned. According to the owners manual, The battery does NOT need to be disconnected. There is however, a procedure for placing the transfer cases in Neutral. Once that is done, you turn the ignition off and place the transmission in park. That is it. I think once I do it several times it will not be difficult. Hope this helps!
Jmac737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 05:48 AM   #7

I installed by base plate, airforce1 and wiring on my 2022 Grand Wagoneer and all is ok, except for my wiring. I installed a 4 diode kit and it is all good untill I apply the breaks.The RV powered lights stop working for about 3 min or so and then it is back to normal. It appears that the brake lights have a back door access to my lights on the car lights. To be clear, no harm is done, just no lights (tail & turn) for about 3 min each time I hit the breaks. I looked at installing a break switch relay to stop the brake pedal from activating the brake lights, but I am unable to locate the brake light switch.. anybody any ideas?
Old 03-16-2023, 06:06 AM   #8

They are essentially a Ram 1500 so as long as it has the N position in the T-case it can be flat towed, and should need no further wiring other than for lighting.
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 04:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronvp View Post
I installed by base plate, airforce1 and wiring on my 2022 Grand Wagoneer and all is ok, except for my wiring. I installed a 4 diode kit and it is all good untill I apply the breaks.The RV powered lights stop working for about 3 min or so and then it is back to normal. It appears that the brake lights have a back door access to my lights on the car lights. To be clear, no harm is done, just no lights (tail & turn) for about 3 min each time I hit the breaks. I looked at installing a break switch relay to stop the brake pedal from activating the brake lights, but I am unable to locate the brake light switch.. anybody any ideas?
Update; I now have it all working correctly. I knew It needed a break-light switch relay, but could not find the break light switch. This car has electric/hydraulic brakes and the switch wiring appears integrated on the brake unit. So I installed a relay near the brake lights. Just intercepted the Blue wire (all others black) on the tail light on both sides and connected them to a single relay. Note, you need a 4 pole "normally closed" or 5 pole relay (keep blue wire connected until relay switches). My relay switches as soon as I turn on my running lights on the coach, but you can also have it powered from the regular 12V from the RV) The relay blocks brake light power from the car interfering with brake light power from the coach. BTW, I used a basic 4 diode kit to wire my lights.
Ronvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 05:25 PM   #10

Ron- I have a 22 Grand Wagoneer series 3 with the blue-ox baseplate installed and the diodes for the lights. Lights work fine as long as the car has 'timed out' which takes 5 minutes with the doors closed and no other switches pushed. If the doors are opened it starts the cycle again. This time out cycle also affects the brake system. You can feel a difference in the travel and resistance in the pedal before and after it times out. The brake system appears to be very complex and Jeep will provide no technical information as to how it operates in sleep and non-sleep mode. I'm testing the RVI3 portable brake system. I didn't know if there was a vacuum line to tie into the dual pump hydraulic brakes. Can you post a pic of your T into the system and how you got to it? As you know, it's jammed with 'stuff' under the hod. Thanks very much. -Mike
MS70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 05:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2road View Post
Just incase anyone is interested.

I reach out to Jeep.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
If you live in Washington, go ahead and get serial #1. Call Roadmaster and drop the Jeep off....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlee View Post
...... What made the other Jeep models subject to death wobble?

Im not trying to be funny.... but you all know its not a Jeep ...right?

Ive been told so.
2019 Fleetwood *SOLD*
AZ RV'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:08 PM   #12

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ RV'r View Post
Im not trying to be funny.... but you all know its not a Jeep ...right?

Ive been told so.

What is it?
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellybelle View Post
What is it?
Did you know... that NOWHERE on the outside or inside of the vehicles is the word Jeep on ANY Wagoneers at any trim level...?
2019 Fleetwood *SOLD*
Old 03-22-2023, 06:22 PM   #14

Below will be a link to my local Jeep Dodge dealer's website in Phoenix....

If you click that link... and when their web page pops up... near the top you will see "NEW" right next to the Bill Luke logo

Listed in order is Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Wagoneer

You will see there is a column for Jeep and a SEPERATE column for the Wagoneer's
It is NOT listed under with the Jeep's

Heres the link... (go check your local dealership's page)
https://www.billluke.com/
2019 Fleetwood *SOLD*