Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2019, 09:51 AM   #1

NSA Tow system

New here...I'm hoping to set up my Jeep to tow later this year.

I've been researching on and off for a few weeks now and I recently came across NSA towing.

Anyone have an opinion of their tow system?

On there website they have full packages that come with the tow bar, baking system, a Roadmaster or Blue Ox baseplate plus all the wiring for much less than I've seen elsewhere....$1750 for everything with free shipping. Their braking system makes sense to me and it seems like a good solution for the price.

They seem a lot smaller than the other towing companies and I'm wondering what y'all have heard before I pull the trigger.

Thanks!
TXfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2019, 10:22 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We've used the NSA Readybrute Elite since 2013 and are very happy with it. Easy to hook up and disconnect. Works very well and we haven't wished for anything else.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:45 AM   #3

Lots and lots of posts on the site about this system. Do some searching and you’ll find endless reading material
Old 05-17-2019, 11:04 AM   #4

I have also been using the Readybrute Elite since 2013 and I am very happy with it. The initial setup is a bear for some vehicles, but once everything is done it works great.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:50 PM   #5

Used for maybe 6 years on 2006 Jeep TJ and 2015 Jeep JK.

Installation took me an afternoon, a couple of holes to drill and brake cable routing.

I pulled the TJ from the D-Ring holes on an aftermarket bumper. The JK is stock so I went with the Currie Baseplate.

Brakes are adjusted with the required amount of slack, they only really come on under a hard stop. I've driven the BC Rockies many times with no issues, brakes don't activate when shifting down or using tow-haul as an engine brake (a common concern with surge brake systems).

As simple as it can get to hook up, I do it myself in a few minutes.

I can't think of an easier way to pull a Jeep

Steve
Old 05-17-2019, 02:55 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

I've been using the NSA ReadyBrute Elite towbars with built-in ReadyBrake for 7 years not with no problems. They now have a newer set made of steel instead of aluminum and rated at 12,000 lbs.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:00 PM   #7

Can’t go wrong with the Ready Brute Elite system! Been using ours for 3 years now and it works great. We tow a 209& Jeep JKS and have the Blue Ox baseplate. Great setup, easy to hook up and unhook. Wife and installed the hardware (not baseplate) in an afternoon without an argument! We used this in a class C and just moved it over to a Class A. Did have to get a 2” fro receiver to keep towbar within 2” of level. Be sure to get the emergency breakaway setup also. NSA gets my vote!
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:57 AM   #8

This may help a step by step.

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 10:41 PM   #9

Been using ours for 2 yrs now, dead simple and just works. I couldn't imagine installing, removing and stowing a brake box each time.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:36 PM   #10

I tow a 2006 Wrangler Rubicon. 4400lbs the way it sits loaded behind the motorhome. I have the Ready Brake with a Blue Ox towbar. I tow from the recovery points on my Smittybilt from bumper. I went with the Ready Brake because I already had a Blue Ox tow bar that was in pretty good shape.

The Ready Brake works great and installation was simple.

If I were to do it over again I would have given away the Blue Ox bar and gone with a complete Ready Brute Elite system from NSA. In fact, im likely to give away the BO towbar and sell the Ready Brake this fall and get a brand new RBE system to tow the Wrangler.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:49 AM   #11

I have used this system for about 6 years. On 3 different jeeps a Liberty that is gone a 2014 Cherokee and a 06 wrangler. Great system easy hook up.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow